FOURTEEN

Violet wakes up in the morning, one arm wrapped protectively around Caroline and the other resting on Caroline's hair

Violet wakes up in the morning, one arm wrapped protectively around Caroline and the other resting on Caroline's hair. Caroline's head is tucked into Violet's chest, both arms clinging to Violet like she would disappear if she let go.

Violet gently places a kiss to Caroline's forehead, then untangles herself and stands up. Caroline stirs and mumbles a 'don't go' before rolling over and falling back to sleep.

Violet takes a piece of paper and a pen, quickly writing 'had to go take care of some business with the salvatores xoxo'

Without a sound, she leaves, driving in silence to her home and getting ready before heading to the Salvatore house.

Damon and Stefan are standing outside when she gets there, which confuses her for a second but then she remembers they are putting the house in Elena's name. The two smile at her in greeting, before turning back to their conversation.

"Do you think he killed her?

"Killed who?" Violet asks as she walks up to the brothers

"Katherine? Probably." Stefan says

"It's not like she didn't have it coming." Damon shrugs

"Hey that's my sister we're talking about. Klaus better not kill her. We made a deal." Violet frowns, leaning her head against Stefan's arm.

Elena opens the door and the lawyer walks out. "Thank you, Mr. Henry." She smiles, walking inside. The three vampires attempt to follow her but an invisible force keeps them out.

"I'm sorry. I completely forgot." Elena says and looks to Stefan and Violet, "Stefan. Violet. Would you like to come inside my house?"

"I would love to. Thank you." He says with a flirty smile

"Thank you." Violet nods, walking in with Stefan.

"What are we, twelve?"

"One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?" Elena asks

"No." Damon says

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?"

"Yes, Elena. Sure."

"Then please, come in."

Violet turns back around again, exiting the house.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asks

"I just came for the invite. Sorry loves, I got to go. Call me if you see Klaus, because I'm one of the only people that he won't kill on sight. I'll see you guys later for the dance."

"Bye, don't come back!" Damon calls behind her

"Fuck you too!" Violet retorts

"You know you want to." Violet can practically hear Damon's smirk.