FIFTEEN

"Elena un-daggered Elijah

"Elena un-daggered Elijah."

Violet doesn't even look up at Stefan, instead taking a sip of her coffee and continuing to read her book, "Okay. And?"

"Now he can hurt us."

"Listen," Violet says, putting her book and coffee down, "Elijah is on our side. He wants to kill Klaus."

"That's true, but can you come and help us at least?" Stefan asks

"No thank you." Violet smiles, "I spent 500 years with Klaus and his family for a reason, i'm not letting that go to waste by you meddling with it."

Stefan frowns, "Violet. I can't let Elena die."

"I know you can't... and we will find away around Elena dying. I believe Elijah had something to help her originally made for Katerina, but I don't know if it's true or reliable. I was never allowed to know anything about the sacrifice supposed to take place."

Stefan nods, silently leaving the room.

Violet decides after her coffee to haul her ass downstairs to the living room so her day could be classified as 'productive'. She is unimpressed to see not one but two other people in the living room.

Violet turns to Stefan when she hears him ringing, nearly throwing the pillow at him from the noise.

Stefan picks up his phone, ignoring the glare from Violet for speaking, "Hello?...Jenna, hey...Ah, Elena's not here at the moment. Is, uh, is everything okay?...It's really hard to explain over the phone, but, um, she was hoping that you could stay on campus for a little while longer...Wait, you're home?.... Jenna, listen to me carefully. Whatever you do, do not meet Alaric at the Grill. I'm going to come over right now and I'll explain everything."

He hangs up and looks at Damon, who's pouring himself a drink.

"Wow, I'd love to lend you a hand, but you wouldn't want me doing anything stupid." Damon says

"It's seriously going to be like this?" Stefan asks

"You and your girlfriend are calling the shots. I'm just backing off, Stefan."

Stefan looks to Violet, who just shakes her head. He nods and leaves.

"So are we going to save my sister now?" Violet asks hopefully

"We're going to see if she deserves to be saved, but yes."

*

Violet doesn't listen to a lot of Damon and Andie's conversation, zoning out in the nervousness that Katherine was already dead, "Damon." She says quietly, tugging on his arm like a small child would, "What if she's gone?"

Damon looks down at her, rolling his eyes, "That's what we're hoping for."

"Seriously Damon, she's my only family."