SIXTEEN

{TW: This chapter has mentions and a slight description of child abuse so if you are extremely triggered by that I would suggest skipping over this chapter entirely, I will give a short summary at the end

{TW: This chapter has mentions and a slight description of child abuse so if you are extremely triggered by that I would suggest skipping over this chapter entirely, I will give a short summary at the end. I will say when the worst of it starts and ends, but there will be mentions throughout most of the chapter.}

"If you want me to keep the people on your list safe, you need to get me a replacement vampire by nightfall."

Violet looks up at Klaus, a panic look on her face before she remembers the night before.

Klaus had returned to his original body, continuing to keep Katherine hostage. So, Violet had decided to stay for the night, falling asleep on Katherine's lap.

She's in a similar spot now, except both of them are lying down on the couch.

"And one more thing before you do so- what is that thing on your arm?" He asks, pointing down to where the grey veins had travelled down to her elbow.

Violet sits, careful not to disrupt Katherine who is probably already awake anyway, and walking closer to Klaus. Instead of giving him his answer, she asks her own question. "You were going to use Caroline weren't you?"

Klaus shrugs, "I do not care who I use, as long as they are a vampire. But yes, I was planning on using Caroline."

Violet leans forward, slapping Klaus hard across the face and giving him no chance to react, vamp-speeding away.

She's not quite sure where she's going to get a replacement vampire from, she never thought that far, but in order to stop Klaus from using someone she loves- she's going to have to do the one thing she dreads the most.

Turn someone.

Only problem is- she has no idea who to turn or even where to start.

Violet decides that: one) she is too stressed to think and two) she should go on a walk to calm herself down. She still has the whole day, so she figures twenty minutes won't hurt.

She walks down an empty street, her vamp-hearing on guard for anyone she could turn. She doesn't really have high expectations, seeing as all she's really doing is walking in a quiet street but she does it anyway.

Most of the houses were quiet, until she hears a soft cry coming from one of them.

"Please- Please stop." She hears a young, feminine voice beg quietly

She can't make out what the other voice is saying, but it sounds like an older man, but he's yelling to loud and unclearly for Violet to understand.

Violet quickly locates the house the noise is coming from, banging on the door loudly.

The door opens to reveal a middle aged white man, looking slightly annoyed but it's covered with a fake smile, "Hello!"

Violet wastes no time in leaning forward to compel the man, "Invite me in."