TWENTY SEVEN

When Violet wakes up the next morning, she is greeted by Stefan sitting on a chair next to her, looking rather guilty (or, as guilty as he can for a vampire with no humanity)

When Violet wakes up the next morning, she is greeted by Stefan sitting on a chair next to her, looking rather guilty (or, as guilty as he can for a vampire with no humanity). Violet tilts her head in confusion, then notices the syringe in his hand. "Stefan?" She questions warily, "What are you doing?

"I'm sorry." He says, and without warning stabs Violet in the neck. Violet grips onto his arm in at attempt to siphon from him to get away, but it's too late; the damage has already been done.

Violet can feel her eyelids beginning to shut as her body forcibly shuts down. She manages to siphon enough from Stefan for him to let go, but by then the vervain has already taken its course and Violet falls back on the bed, her eyes shut.

*

Violet opens her eyes, groggily looking around. She's lying on a comfortable surface. As she blinks the blurriness away, she realises that she's in an unfamiliar room. From what she can tell in her drugged state, it seems to be some sort of cell. On a small table next to her is a note, with the simple words, I'll explain later, written in Stefan's familiar cursive.

"Hello?" She calls out, "What's going on?"

There's no reply, and she calls out again, this time louder as her panic sets in. She hasn't done anything wrong. Why have they locked her in this cell?

"Stefan!" She yells, "Damon?! Caroline?! Anyone? Please..."

The door opens with a click as Stefan walks in. Immediately, Violet attempts to vamp-speed past him but he stops her, "Sorry." He says, "I can't let you out."

"Stefan what the fuck?!" She yells, her confusion and panic putting her on the verge of hysterics, "Let me out!"

"I'm sorry. It's for the best."

"What do you mean? You're full of shit!" Violet tries to push him, but it doesn't work. On any normal day, Violet is stronger than Stefan. but the vervain is weakening her.

"Violet, we made a deal with Mikael to kill Klaus."

"What?!"

"That's why you're here, just in case Mikael finds you."

"Okay but hiding me away and loading me up with vervain so that I can't do anything were he to find me is such a great idea?!" She yells

"We're trying to protect you. And we didn't think you were going to come willingly, hence the vervain."

"I can protect myself. And obviously I wasn't going to come willingly. I would rather die trying to protect myself rather than hide away in here hopelessly. Stefan I'm four hundred years older than you, give or take. It's you guys that need my protection, not the other way round."

"I'm sorry," Stefan just shrugs, "Just doing what's right."

Violet reaches out to siphon from him, but Stefan beats her to it and stabs her with another vervain needle. The remaining vervain from the last shot meant that this one kicked in a lot quicker, and Violet had fallen to the floor within seconds.

*

This time when Violet wakes up, she's not confused, she's angry. She marches up to the door, banging it loudly. Stefan had left a note saying he had gone already, but this isn't stopping Violet from trying to get the attention of literally anyone.

The fact that she has no idea where she is, apart from the cell, is disorienting to her. She can't tell if she's in the Salvatore house, the local jail or even if she is still in Mystic Falls.

After an agonising few hours, where Violet had exhausted every means of escaping as she could, she find my hears the door open.

This time, it's Caroline.

Violet immediately stands up and runs over to her. "Let me out." She demands

"I'm sorry." Caroline's apology is a lot more sincere then Stefan's is, "This was not my idea. I fought against it, but I can't let you out. But I can stay here with you."

Violet just sighs in frustration, but nods. "Fine. But let me use your phone I need to call Elsie."

Caroline nods and hands her the phone.

Violet types in Elsie's number and brings the phone to her ear, "Hello?"

"Violet? Where are you?"

"Funny story. I don't know. Where are you?"

"I'm at the Gilbert House. I went home from school with Elena today." Elsie replies

"Okay, that's good," Violet nods, "That's a good place to go. Just be careful okay? I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Okay, I will."

"Good," Violet smiles, "Okay, bye now. I love you."

"Bye. I love you too." Elsie hangs up the phone and Violet hands it back to Caroline.

"So are you going to tell me what's going on?" Violet asks

"We're teaming up with Mikael to kill Klaus at the party. Klaus thinks that Mikael is dead, and we are going to use it against him."

Violet huffs in frustration. This is a massive inconvenience to her. She knows Klaus well enough to know that Klaus won't die like that. Klaus may be a hybrid asshole, but he's not dumb.

"You guys are going to get someone killed."

"I hope not." Caroline replies.

"Come here," Violet tells her, "I'm stressed. And angry. I need to cuddle."

Caroline smiles, moving closer to Violet as they sit on the bed together. Caroline opens her arms to Violet, who lies in them.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence as Violet tries to calm her anger and stress down, Caroline speaks up. "Violet, what are we?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like are we... girlfriends? Or friends that sometimes kiss? Or what..."

"I like the sound of girlfriends."

"Me too," Caroline giggles, "Violet Pearson, my girlfriend. I really do like the sound of that."

Violet laughs back, momentarily distracted, "So true, Caroline Forbes, my girlfriend."

"You know Caroline Pearson has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

"It definitely does."

*

{a/n: i'm so sorry i haven't been updating i've been camping... but to make up for it caroline &violet are officially together!!}