Maria's Morning part 4

Alexander slowly opened his eyes when he felt the bed creak.

"Where am I? Oh right, I went to that barmaids house,"

Said barmaid was getting dressed, probably for her day job. She didn't say a word to him, and he just watched those delicious curves disappear under those clothes.

She looked back at him as she tied her corset.

"Good morning," she said with a smile.

"Morning," he smiled back as he sat up.

"Going somewhere?"

She nodded. "I've got a second job in the market, so you should be leaving soon,"

He nodded before getting up and putting on last night's clothes.

He watched as she lingered by the door, scanning his body as he buttoned up his shirt.

"Will you be coming back to the bar tonight?" she asked.

"I would love to, but I have something to do tomorrow," he said.

"Last year I would've just skipped Monday, but I can't afford it this year, especially since I'm looking after Maria. . .shit! I forgot about Maria!"

"Do you know what time it is?"

"Um. . .probably around 7:30 maybe? I don't keep a clock,"

"Shit! I was meant to meet Maria at 6! She can't be left alone for that long, she's probably cursed the entire school by now! And then I'll definitely get in trouble,"

She must've noticed the panic on his face, because she asked. "Is everything alright?"

He gave her a false smile. "I'm fine, I just really need to be somewhere,"

"Let me show you out then,"

Now he was walking through back alleys trying to find the best way back to the academy.

"I remember this place, this is where me and some girl from a bar made out . . . I think,"

He entered the main street and immediately was bumped into by someone.

"Oh sorr-Alexander?"

"Maria?"

He scanned the girl who was identical looking to Maria, but she couldn't be her.

The girl in front of him was in the school's maid uniform, and he knew that no girl at school, especially ones like Maria, would be caught dead wearing one in public.

But if she wasn't Maria, then who was she?

Before he could say another word to her, she pulled him back into the alleyway.

"Please don't tell anyone. I know that's your job, but pretty please don't tell anyone," she pleaded.

He blinked. "So you are Maria?"

"Of course I am, who did you think I was, just a random girl that just happened to have long black hair and red eyes?"

Well that settled that. He didn't know anyone who could sound as annoying as Maria did.

"But what are you doing out here? You're not allowed out of the academy without someone monitoring you,"

"You weren't in your room, and I didn't want to wait another week until being aloud out, so I just . . . snuck out,"

"That's why you're in the maids uniform then?"

She nodded. "I just wanted to get out, and have some time to myself. I kinda just wandered around town until you found me,"