Doyoung entering shouldn't have made their hearts drop. It was the fact that he was alone. His face was unreadable and his eyes were glued to the floor, unable to meet theirs. There was a silence, none of them not knowing what to say to their downcast friend. 

Moments later, an energetic Daeun burst through the door, unaware of the tense air inside.  

"Hon, you forgot your wallet in the- why is everyone staring at us?" Daeun grinned, raising her hand to show the ring on her finger. "He's going to be stuck with my annoying ass for the rest of his life. Willingly." 

"Why did Doyoung come in looking like he lost his wife and four kids?" Donghyuck complained. He was genuinely worried for his friend. 

"Can't I have a little fun? All your expressions dropped when you saw me come in alone." Doyoung laughed. 

"You had us scared for a second!" Iseul huffed. She really thought Daeun rejected Doyoung. Well, looking closely at Daeun, the corners of her eyes were a bit red. They must have taken long with the burst of emotions and intimacy of the moment. 

"Why would I reject him? He was basically on his knees for me." Daeun joked. 

Doyoung raised a brow at his fiancée. "How else was I supposed to propose? Do a backflip?" 

"Alright, we got the answer we need to sleep peacefully later. Let's go to the pool!" Donghyuck was already out the back door once he finished his sentence. The others followed shortly after, all of them ready to play off the nerves they've been feeling. 

"Seul." Doyoung called. Iseul ushered Yuta to go ahead and waited for Doyoung to speak. "Do you remember the time you found out I had feelings for Daeun? I want to tell you what re-"

"You don't need to tell me!" Iseul ran, covering her ears and mumbling anything to drown out Doyoung's voice. As she she said before, she'd rather not know what happened that day. 

"She'll be the only one out of the four of us who doesn't know." Sicheng sighed. 

Sicheng had a similar experience that day. He and Daeun were on their way home when the girl opened her thoughts out of the blue. It was surprising for Sicheng to see her so serious since Daeun rarely opened her vulnerable side. 

"Have you ever said something you wish you could take back?" 

"All the time. Words can't ever be taken back, so once you say it, it'll make a big impact on that person." Sicheng nodded. "Do you regret whatever you said?"

"I don't... I just... I'm scared he might take it wrong and start avoiding me." Daeun mumbled. She looked down at the band aid on her hand and got lost in her thoughts.

Sicheng tried to piece together the vague sentences and who she was with before. He knew the  red in her ears and cheeks weren't from the cold. He removed his muffler and wrapped it loosely around her bare neck.  

"How long have you liked Doyoung?" Sicheng asked.

"I don't exactly like him. I just... saw him in a different light today that I wasn't thinking and I called him cute. I'm afraid he might think it's weird and start avoiding me if I keep doing that." Daeun opened. She hid half her face in the muffler, embarrassed at her words.

"Maybe you're overthinking it? Doyoung loves compliments anyway so he might not mind." Sicheng shrugged. 

She loved her friendship with Doyoung, but she couldn't deny the fact she was starting to see him in a different way. Maybe she was just infatuated, but today was the first time her heart ever beat the way it did.