Chapter 3: I am back

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." You smiled at her politely and rushed back to the elevator.

A few of the guards kept looking at you and so you tried to get into the elevator as fast as possible. You kept pressing the button anxious, which obviously drove more attention to you. Once the elevator was finally there you got in within seconds and pressed the button for the doors to close. You then sighed in relief and pressed the button for the 25th floor.

When the doors of the elevator opened again you saw an abandon like floor with shattered glass on the floor and damaged furniture thrown everywhere. No one seemed to be there at first but you could hear some voices coming from far away.

You let your luggage down on the floor and tried to follow the noise when you were suddenly stopped. Someone bursted inside the floor from the window, breaking some more glass and causing a big noise. You quickly took a few steps back and tried to hide but stopped when you recognized the two people that suddenly entered the building.

"Y/n!" Loki suddenly said and ran towards you. "I knew you would come here." He smiled as he stood a few feet away from you.

"Who are you?" You asked him immediately as his brother approached as well.

"Y/n we are going to explain everything but first..." Thor tried to speak but you ignored him.

Suddenly the voices became more and more loud, as some people were fighting in the other room. You decided to ignore the two brothers for a few seconds and head towards the noise. Once you entered the lab you saw all the avengers standing in the middle of the room, around a metallic box.

When they saw you they all stopped talking and looked at you in shock. You moved slowly towards them, constantly looking around the room. Most of them were people you had read things about but there were some that you had no idea who they were.

"Y/n?" Tony Stark finally spoke up and took a few steps closer to you.

"Y/n what are you doing here?" Steve Rogers asked you.

"I...came for a visit?" You told him, not knowing what to say.

"I don't understand..." Natasha Romanoff said and then they all looked at Thor and Loki.

"Isn't he supposed to be dead?" Bruce Banner stepped in and pointed at Loki.

"Anyone care to explain what is going on?" Clint Burton spoke as well.

No one though had anything to say. You were all just sitting in silence, not knowing how to explain the situation. You thought you were the most confused in the room but soon realised this was not the case.

Everyone was looking at you and then at each other as if the most bizarre thing had just happened in front of their eyes. You kept starring at all of them and especially Loki who looked more anxious than confused.

Suddenly Tony Stark decided to break the silence and walk closer to you.

"Okay, kid, why are you here? When did your memories come back?"

"I really don't understand what you are talking about." You told him as you started to regret your decision to go there.

"Okay let me ask you this real quick;" Natasha Romanoff came next to Tony. "Why are you here y/n?" She asked you calmly.

"Well this is definitely a question I can answer. It's their fault." You said and immediately pointed at Thor and Loki.

Everyone then looked at Loki, all at the same time, even Thor. This of course didn't take you by surprise, given everything you had read about him the previous night. Loki though seemed calm, like he was expecting this kind of reaction.