It's going to be a great week

As I stare at the lonely picture frame on my desk, I so desperately want to bash my head in. This past week has not been stress free in the least, and I feel like it's only going to get worse. 

As promised, Garrett got back from Cape May about three days ago, but he has been on the go ever since and it's really starting to aggravate me. I get it, honestly I do, but neglecting your girlfriend all the time is a bit much, especially when he's the one that wanted me to come with him out here. 

"Cause Jersey just go colder and, i'll have you know i'm scared to death..."

Picking up my phone, I sighed. 

"Hello." I said dejectedly. 

"Morning Babe!" Chelsy beemed through the phone. 

A small smile lit my face as I relaxed into my chair. "Hey, what's up?" I said and cast a glance to the clock. 14:32. oh joy. 

"Just calling before we board. We should arrive there around 5 so don't forget to come pick us up!" She squealed in delight. To say Chelsy is excited is an understatement. Her and Axel were coming in for a whole week. I've taken off work for the week so I could take them to one of my favourite places. LBI. 

Long Beach Island, New Jersey is like my safe haven. It's a little 18 mile long island that is very secluded. It's only about a mile and a half wide, with only three main streets that run north and south. The best part is that if you're up at the beach, you can see the bay and likewise. It's full of fun tourist things because it becomes super packed in the summer. 

However, Garrett and his family have been coming here for years, since they only live about 25 minutes away up in Toms River. They have a wonderful beach house off of 7th Street and Long Beach Boulevard. It's only about a five minute walk to either the beach or the bay. I've been there a bit throughout the summer but now i'm going to spend a whole week down there with two of my best friends. 

"I won't be late, I promise. Just call me when you land. You're flying American correct?" 

"Yes we are, so just go to that gate." She hesitated. "You know where that is, right? Like, We won't get lost?" 

I had to laugh at that. Philadelphia International is big, but they are flying out of O'Hare, which is a lot bigger. "No Chelsy, you guys will be fine. It's nothing like O'Hare and it's not that big." I looked at the clock again and started cleaning up. "But I do have to get going, especially with the traffic. It's like no matter what, Philly is a bitch with traffic." Even if i'm only an hour away, with traffic, might as well leave now. 

"Okay, here's Axel." She said and I heard the phone pass over. 

"Lauren." He said in a gruff voice. 

"Hey Ax." I laughed at his voice. He must be irritated. "You do know you have another like, week with her right?" I said with a giggle. 

I heard him groan as I closed and locked my door. "Yes I do, but she'll hopefully leave me alone when we're at the beach or out at bars."

"Unlikely. Now that she's with Derek, she's not going to be as crazy as the time we went out."

"I guess you're right." He said, and I waved goodbye to Alyssa, who is the secretary up front. 

Stepping outside, I took in the fresh air. It was a gorgeous day, 65 degrees with a slight breeze. It's supposed to get into the 80's later this week, but good thing we'd be down at the beach. 

"I'm sure you'll be fine. You guys get on your plane and don't forget to call me when you're out. I'll be in my range rover." I said and unlock said car.