"Brielle." 

My head turned to her, her thumb still stroking the back of my hand. Layla's smirk still resided on her face but she leaned in ever so slightly but not going past the armrest and into my space.

"We've arrived at the restaurant." Her voice was quiet but low, invoking a familiar sensation from deep within me. It was with her words, I realized the car had stopped. Was the ride that smooth or was I so distracted by her touch to not notice?

Gently, I pulled my hand from hers and exited the car. The building we were in front of was modern with cool-neutral tones and lots of wood and glass. I felt a hand place itself cautiously on my waist and I felt her body just touching mine. 

"Shall we?" Her voice came right at my ear which physically startled me. Her chuckle rumbled, the vibrations transferring to my body. 

Trying to ignore the feeling such a simple thing caused me to feel I nodded, again not speaking. Layla guided me in to where there was a host waiting.

"Good evening. Do you have a reservation with us?" The host asked politely. 

"Yes." Layla answered with a tone that was polite as well but held some short of authority I hadn't witnessed before. "Under Layla Holt."

The name seemed to be familiar with the host as they sort of took a moment to process her name. "Welcome back, Miss Holt. We have your usual spot ready for you. Please, follow me."

"Thank you." Layla said before turning to me as we followed behind the host. "The owner and I have a good business relationship as we're both good customers of each other. I buy her sushi, she buys my cars."'

"Cars?" I echoed with confusion.

Layla chuckled. "Oh, right. I will explain more once we settle in at our table."

We came to a private room rather than a private table. The room was dim, only lit by the warm pot lights spaced in the ceiling. The low height table was set for two people with the only seating being chairs without legs but had comfortable looking cushions. They looked more like pillows but I wasn't complaining. 

"Here we are." The host smiled as we entered. "A server will be with you in a moment."

"Thank you." Layla said as I gave a soft thanks as well before the host exited the room. 

I took the moment to step to the sliding doors that were open to the outside. The view was spectacular. The restaurant was right by the water and the skyline of the city was right across from us, the reflection of the lights looked as if they were dancing on the dark water.

"Wow." I awed softly as I felt Layla's presence next to me. 

She hummed. "It is a beautiful view."

I turned to her to see her looking at me. I scoffed with a smile. "Trying to be corny, Layla?"

The smirk returned to Layla's lips as her eyes shined, awakening her inner tease. "Is that what you would enjoy?"

The question was innocent had her tone not suggested otherwise. I blushed as my gaze fell away, lips pressed together for a moment. "Not really."

She chuckled as her hand came up to softly stroke the back of my hair. She was petting me like some pet but I for whatever reason relished in it. I loved having my hair played with but this was different yet almost as satisfactory. 

"Tell me, Brielle. What is it that you desire?"

The question took me by surprise because I wasn't sure what the answer was. Obviously I didn't want to be a sugar baby long term but what did I want out of my life? I didn't even know what I wanted to do as a career.