11. One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

Start from the beginning

"Sweetie, what are you doing?" Your mother walked in your room to find you with scraps of fabric spread across your floor, a needle held steadily between your teeth.

You quickly set everything down and spit out the needle. "Uh... nothing?" You laughed nervously and she shook her head with a soft smile on her face. She sat next to you, cross-legged on the floor.

"Why are you sewing?" She asked. You had never taken any interest in it before, so it was surprising to her to find you in here creating something.

"Marinette really loves it, so I wanted to see what it was all about. I'm not very good though." You sighed as you pulled out a failed attempt at a dress from under your bed.

Your mom smiled as she took the fabric out of your hands. She held it up and thoroughly looked over it. "I think it's a good start. Have you thought about asking your sister to teach you?" She asked, hopefully.

You hesitated, but shook your head.

You had wanted to ask her to show you how, but things had been getting steadily worse between the two of you. You both auditioned to be in the school musical. You got the lead and she was stuck on stage crew. Luckily she wanted to design costumes, slowly realizing recently that it was her passion.

Ever since you got the role, she's given up singing and acting completely. You hated that for her.

You hoped that by learning how to sew, you could reconnect with her by assisting her with her designs.

Though you slowly learned, that this effort would simply be in vain.

Like everything else you tried.

You felt your body shake as you stared at her. She had no idea about anything. "You think you have it all figured out, don't you?" Your voice was quiet.

"What?"

"You think you know everything huh? Well I may be talented in some things but at least you actually have a place you can call home!" You we're crying now. "I get it, I live here. My family is here, but I've never felt like I had a place with you guys! My heart is in the clouds and I just want to see the world. Dammit, Marinette, all I ever wanted to do was see how the stars looked from all different places in the world. I wanted to do it with you! If anyone is the selfish bitch It's you!" You screamed and your eyes were clenched tight due to your tears.

"Y/n! Put the keyboard down!" Marinette's voice relayed in a shriek and you felt the pressure release from her side of the keyboard.

Your eyes opened slowly and you saw Marinette grab at her ears, checking for earrings that weren't there.

She always wears them...why not now?

Your internal questioning was cut short when you saw the dark butterfly make its way into the keyboard.

"Peace Wrecker...Princess Justice...it's so very lovely to speak to you again. Don't you remember me? It's your dear old friend, Shadow Moth."

**

The news circulated through Paris as quickly as it always did.

Alya stood in front of her TV, shaking tremendously. "Does she... does she not have her miraculous?" She whispered as the news reporter identified the victims as the Dupain-Cheng twins.

Before she realized it she was running in the direction of their bakery.

She had to get into her room and find the miraculous.