2. Spiteful Memories

"You're... in love with Adrien?" The memory of your sister's words flowed through you so unexpectedly, that you had no choice but to reminisce with them.

"Yeah, what about it?" You asked as you tugged on your leather jacket. You admired yourself in the mirror along with your creation. You had just studded the seams along the jacket the night before, and you were very proud of your work.

Marinette's face fell before it shifted to a bright red hue that showed her fury, and her hand twitched with jealously as she clutched your sheets between her fingers.

She sat there watching you, despising you.

You stood so much taller than she did, which was always infuriating since she was the older twin. Your hair was always a mess and she was certain you never brushed it, but you some how pulled it all off as a 'zero effort' look that everyone wished for (and hated everyone who could pull it off). Your voice was calming compared to hers, even though you yell just about as much as she did, and it always drew people in. You would fit with Adrien. He deserved someone who could actually have a normal conversation with him, which wasn't her.

"What do you think?" You asked her as you spun around to face her and held your arms out wide, with a hopeful smile sprawled across your lips.

You were better than her at creating too.

That one thing that had always been hers, you came right in and did it better. Like you did with everything.

She wanted to hate you. She despised that you had everything she could only dream of having. She wanted to make you feel this emptiness that she's held in her gut for so long.

It wasn't fair that only she was feeling it.

"I think..." Marinette spoke and her voice trailed off, causing your features to shift into a confused expression. You took a seat next to her on the bed after you noticed she was shaking. You couldn't tell if she was crying or cold, but it wasn't like it mattered since you were never able to successfully comfort her.

You never knew what to say or what to do to help...but something comfortable always helped you, so maybe-

You reached behind you and grabbed your fuzzy blanket when she stood abruptly.

"I'm in love with Adrien too!" She yelled, leaving you stunned. You let go of the blanket and turned towards her.

"You are?" You asked softly and felt your eyes well with tears.

You and Marinette had never been close, you've been different, but oddly similar your entire lives. Never once had the two of you talked about boys, so you had no idea she felt this way, no matter how obvious it may have been.

You never assumed anything about her, just always watched her live from the sidelines and waited for the day she would come back to you.

"Yes...so much it hurts." She spoke her confession quietly so it wouldn't break, exposing the rotten feeling living inside of her.

You frowned as you stared at your sister. There was so much the two of you didn't know about each other, and you were so desperate to change that.

The only reason you even told her how you felt about him was because you planned to go tell him how you felt as soon as you finished getting ready.

You wanted advice on how to approach this from your sister. You had your friends, sure, but you were hoping if you asked Marinette about this, then maybe it would be a good reconnecting point for the two of you.