Who Gave Midoriya Throwing Knives?

Start from the beginning

"Alright, so we'll patrol for about two hours before a break. That sounds like a plan, problem child?" Eraser looked slightly up, realizing that the boy had gotten taller than him, how had he not noticed that before?

"Yea, whatever you think is the best Sir." Shouta nodded to the boy and continued walking. Nothing had come up yet, no purse snatchings, no cries for help. Not even a traffic accident. Things seemed odd if you asked him, it was never this quiet.

Then as the two were getting close to where they would rest. A local shop that Aizawa frequented regularly, they even knew his regular drink and not to question him.

There were people running down the street. Some screaming some running as quickly as possible.

Eraser pulled one man to the side, wearing a business suit with a briefcase in hand. "Sir, what's going on?" He asked, the man flinching for a moment before looking to Shouta's dark eyes.

"Ban-bank robbery, North end of the street, across from the coffee shop." Eraser nodded and thanked the man before hurriedly telling him and the other's who were running away to move along quickly.

Turning back to his mentee he sighed, this was not the type of in field training he wanted. Nedzu would skin him alive if a hair on the greenette's head was harmed. Though the other staff would likely do the same as well...

"Alright, you guard the front exit of the bank, help anyone who comes out and keep civilians away. Got that?" He asked, looking up to his student who had held no expression, though his eyes gave away worry and a slight hint of fear.

"Ye-yes Sir. Take this, if you need help just ask for it. I'll contact local authorities." Shouta nodded to the boy, accepting the ear piece from him before rushing up the steps of the bank. It's front entrance had been shut, and he couldn't see inside.

"Open the front door I'll throw one of my knives in." The man looked at Izuku, eyes wide with something similar to worry and annoyance.

"You could hurt someone!" He nearly whisper yelled at the boy.

"Trust me, there is no one in the front lobby. My knives have a pulse function that emits a sonar wave. I can see everyone who's in the building. Now can I throw it?" Asked the greenette in a similar whisper yell voice. Back sass was never a good idea.

"Fine, but we will have a very long conversation about you using throwing knives after this." Izuku nodded, he knew the man carried a knife in his boot for such events.

Izuku pulled one of his knives from its sheath and threw it ever so lightly hoping to not make a noise. The blade landed in one of the far desks that a teller would usually stand at. A pulse emitted from the blade, and several different dots appeared on the HUD within Izuku's helmet.

"There's four of them, all in the back room. One hostage, it looks like. They're not moving, while the other three are walking around looking for something." Shouta nodded, and then breached the door, ducking for cover as soon as he could.

Izuku, already on the line with the local authorities, breathed a sigh of relief when a woman, likely mid 20's came out, rushing past him. "Ma'am, could you please stay put until the authorities arrive. They'll need to question you."

Her breath was shaky, worry filling her but she nodded. Izuku let out a sigh of relief as the police soon arrived, and Eraser stepped out to wave the men in. All three of the robber's had been subdued for the meantime. Some cursed while others objected to their arrest.

"Here's your knife back, and good work... Problem Child." Izuku sighed, he wished the man would stop giving him so much crap. He wasn't that much of a problem child.

Lucky for the two, the robbery would be the most eventful part of their day, the coffee shop owner would later come out and give the two drinks. Once again thanking Eraser for his work, while also questioning him on his new mentee.

"He's Nedzu's child, and I'm just watching him." Came the mans gruff voice as he rubbed his hand through the boy's hair, a mess as usual especially after removing his helmet.

The woman would smile, telling Shouta that he couldn't be just Nedzu's problem child if he was willing to take the kid on patrol. Which was fair, Shouta did care for the boy and fully believed he could be a hero.

"Alright, thanks Akio... Come on Midoriya, we've still got 3 hours of patrol left." The greenette nodded and followed his mentor as the man once again walled away. The two would go on to find more trouble, though nothing as considerable as the robbery.

Izuku would be thankful for that, though his internship would come to a close. Mr. Aizawa would continue to train Izuku long after the internship was over. Knowing that if the boy was to be ready for the Hero Course, he would need more training.

But something seemed off, the boy looked to know more than he let on. As if he'd been trained elsewhere other than just a gym or dojo. The spark in his eyes reminded Shouta of a pro heroes eyes who'd seen combat before.

<--->

Authors Notes:

Once again thank you for reading, and Project Halo should be getting an update at 4pm EST tonight... So look forward to that. - H

Chapter edited and fixed 9/8/2021 - Fixed spelling of U.A. to Yuuei to continue clarity, along with fixing small grammatical mistakes I noticed.