She lowered her shoulders, too tired to think of anything else other than her hopelessness for her current state of life.

Her eyes glanced at the cozy home in front of her. It was a two-story house made of wood and had an exorbitant amount of windows on its walls, though because of that, it made the house look warm and welcoming.

The smell of the ocean hits her and the sound of waves touching and pulling away from the shore entered her ears. Selena takes her attention to the beach, breathing deeply, basking in the warm sunlight. Her eyes caught sight of a pavilion by the shore and the man inside of it was staring at the ocean.

Her heart thumped, the view of another familiar face caused her to relax. She felt a hand lightly land on her shoulder. It was Lively, baring an understanding glance, and gestured towards Jacob.

“Why don’t you two talk? I’ll get Winston to bring your luggage up to your room.” She says and leaves her behind.

Selena grimaced but fought with her emotions, sealing her will to speak with Jacob. With one foot after the other, she trudged through the sand at a slow pace, keeping her head forward.

She neared his tall figure, finding it odd why he hadn’t noticed her yet. Or perhaps he was purposely ignoring her. That thought alone made her cower but as she looked even closer, a small hand popped out of his side, then followed a leg, and a head. Selena realized he was carrying Letty. The child’s enthused laughter upon seeing Selena caused Jacob to turn.

He looked surprised like he had seen a ghost that was about to devour him.

She kept her composure and walked closer to him. Only when they were a few feet apart that Jacob relaxed.

“Didn’t expect to see you here.” He says.

She shrugs.

“Me neither.”

He flattens his lips and contemplated for a moment.

“Well, Winston is my brother so I guess it would be logical that I come to him for help. You on the other hand are a mystery, my wolf.”

He smiles.

His cool facade was a breath of fresh air today. At least she wouldn’t be alone if Lively and her husband would leave to go to pack Morris.

“Though I guess with that W, I, T, C, H living in your pack would cause you to feel a tiny bit upset.”

Selena chuckles at his will to spell out his words, not wanting Letty to learn something new.

“I’m running away from my brother.”

There was no need to beat around the turd-covered bush that was her life. He was going to find out eventually.

His mouth formed into what she could only assume as ‘oh’. He stares at her, his happy demeanor suddenly turning sour.

“I’m running away from brother and well, I guess my mother too.” He plainly states.

Jacob’s very easygoing answers always made Selena uncertain of what they meant. She raises a brow at him. Though she didn’t question why. She was through with Nathaniel and didn’t want to talk about him again. At least not now. She didn’t want it to blow up all over her face, she knew better.

A tight-lipped smile appeared on his face and Selena had no other option but to mirror the gesture.

Taking it slow was the best option.

Selena turns to the water, amazed at how blue it was. She never liked going to the beach. It was something a lot of wolves back in pack Highcliff found weird but they never spoke about it. Despite knowing how to swim, she had a fear of sharks after watching a documentary about them. It ultimately stopped her from going to large bodies of water, even swimming pools.