They didn't answer, as they got up and dusted themselves off. At that moment they noticed that their belt pack and cloak weren't with them. They looked at the top of the tree and saw their cloak all ripped off, the pieces were all over the tree branches.

  "OH MY TITAN! COME ON!!" They shouted as they threw their hands at the sky, annoyed and tired. The day only gets worse and worse for them. 

  They signed in frustration, the Golden guard laughed at their despair, it was kinda funny seeing them like that. Bruno turned their head to the guard with a very red face, he didn't know if it was from embarrassment or anger. "You're enjoying yourself, aren't you?" They said through their teeth.

  "Yep." He answered, smugly, not really caring to help the witch. Bruno almost regretted making a deal with the cardinal. Almost. They weren't gonna break the promise though, they knew how to keep his word.

  Bruno looked back at the tree, took a deep breath, and started climbing on it to get their belt pack that was stuck on one of the top branches. The soldier watched, it was way more entertaining now, he noticed that the witch really didn't know what they were doing. Why don't they just shift to something that can climb?

   Yet, they managed to get the bag, the only problem now was getting down. They placed a leg on one branch and then the other leg on a branch that was right under the last one, almost trying to get down as if they were using the stairs it was going nicely, but after the 5th branch, they noticed something on the horizon, it was moving. What the- They thought before slipping and falling. It wasn't as bad as before but it still hurt.

  The soldier cringed and walked towards the fallen witch. "You... Okay there?" He waited for an answer but what he got was unexpected.

  "THE TREES ARE MOVING!" Bruno said and got up abruptly, not acting about cleaning the dust and leaves off their hair. 

  The guard stared at them through his mask, quite scared and confused. "... What?"

  "The trees! They're moving! That's why we keep bumping on each other!" Bruno said as the guard could only stare. "Every time we try to take different paths they move so we keep meeting, it's like this forest doesn't want us to get out of here!" Bruno says as he waves their hands around like a mad person.

   "... Are you sure you didn't hit your head a little bit too hard when you fell?" The blond boy asked the other.

  "I'm being serious! Aren't you confused as to why we don't seem to be getting out of place?"

  Now that they mentioned it, the soldier finally connected the dots, it actually made sense, but he had never heard of a forest like this on the Boiling Isles. But again, his palisman teleported them to somewhere he didn't know, since all the way to here he didn't recognize the path.

  "I think we can out of here flying... Is your palisman rested?" They asked, the guard stopped his thoughts.

  "No, he's still sleeping. And even if he was rested, who told you I would bring you with me? Can't you just shapeshift into something with wings?" He mocked the boy, remembering that he wasn't a friend and didn't want to be one.

  "You know, you don't have to be so rude all the time." They talked with a serious tone, mixed with pity and sadness. That caught the guard off guard - no pun intended. He wasn't expecting that to actually get to the blue-haired boy, but he didn't say anything. 

  Bruno signed, they were just tired, his social energy was almost empty together with his physical energy, they just wanted to get home. Of course, they still would keep their promise, they won't give up on the golden boy yet, but to do so they needed to rest. "I'll get going, you don't seem like you want to help so I'll stop bothering you." When they finished talking they started to walk towards a direction where they saw a mountain, when they were climbing the tree for the first time.