Chapter 12 : The Chamber Of Secrets

"This is NOT fair, this is discrimination!" Xan shouted,

"Oh, shut up! The reason why we ended up in detention is you! Seriously, I should stop partnering with you in potions." Said Hayley, throwing her hands.

Bickering away, they both reached the great hall where Ri Jae was waiting for them.

"So what are you guys squabbling about now?" Ri Jae asked laughing,

"Let me explain Jae, you see there's always a pattern to the detentions, I and Hayley receive from Snape, I always end up doing something like scrubbing his cauldron or picking feces of Flobberworms, Hayley on the other hand gets to read a book during detention, a book! Clearly, she's a favourite of his" He said folding his arms,

"Though in my defence, if I don't answer the questions he asks from the books correctly, I have to submit a 12-inch long essay, as if we don't have enough homework," She said with a pointed look.

"Give it a rest you both, it's Halloween," Ri Jae said shaking his head,

"Maybe you could join us at the Slytherin table," Hayley raised her eyebrows at Ri Jae,

"Yeah," added Xan,

"Am I allowed to?" Jae asked perplexed,

"We'll know the answer tonight," said Hayley.

. . . . .

The Great Hall was filled with every sort of Halloween decoration, live bats flying everywhere, lighted pumpkin heads and the floating candles. Hayley, Xanthus and Ri Jae walked to the Slytherin table.

"The key is to look natural, unbothered and cool Jae, not as though you committed treason," Xan said,

"Easy for you to say Slytherin," Ri Jae said, pulling his hat further down his face.

"The others won't really notice Jae, Slytherins tend to be in packs, no one really bothers much about you, unless you do something of interest to them, so we're safe," Hayley said, patting him,

"I hope so," Ri Jae said nervously.

The feast went pretty well, apart from the time Jae almost ran off, when Professor Snape directly met his eye.

That night before sleeping, Hayley stared at the canopy of the green four-poster bed, thinking how everything was pretty much perfect for her. She had two great friends, school was great, what more could she ask for?
Little did she know what news awaited her.

_____________

The next morning, the whole school woke up to the news that a message was written in blood on a wall in the first-floor corridor, saying - THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE. Additionally, the caretaker, Filch's cat had been petrified.

"What exactly do they mean by petrified?" Hayley asked,

"Well... It's like everything inside and outside them is frozen or paused, they won't be aware of anything happening around them," Ri Jae answered with a serious expression,

"Does it work like the spell Petrificus Totalus?" Xan asked,

"Yeah, I read that the spell can be countered with another healing one or a remedial potion," Hayley said,

"Well this one's a lot more complex, we don't how exactly Mrs Norris was petrified, but they say she can be cured using Mandrakes, fully grown adult ones," Ri Jae said.

"Can we go see that?" Hayley asked,

"We have to be cautious though, they aren't allowing students near that" Xanthus said.

And so the three first-years sneaked to the first-floor corridor during dinner to see the gory text.

"Ugh," Hayley said,

"That sounds a bit-",

" Scary, Dark, Chilling..." Ri Jae finished Xan's sentence,

"Yes," Xan mumbled.

"Let's get out of here before someone spots us, I heard that Filch is giving detentions for looking happy, with our luck we'll end up with a detention lasting for a month," Hayley said, as she dragged away the boys from the corridor.

The coming weekend the trio met up once more near the black lake. "I think I've heard about the Chamber of Secrets somewhere, it's supposed to be some legend," Xan said,

"Well, the Legend is true it seems," Hayley said,

"It says that Salazar Slytherin created the Chamber before leaving the school due to his fight with Gryffindor, mainly regarding accepting muggle-borns. And that only the heir of slytherin would be able to open the chamber and unleash the evil within," Jae ended with a grave voice.

When Ri Jae finished talking, Xan kept on staring at Hayley. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

She asked with a small laugh, "Well... I think... That you might be a muggle-born... Which might make you a target to whoever the heir is... After all, Salazar loathed muggles..." Xan said in a low tone,

"Spoken like a true Slytherin my friend" Hayley said with a sarcastic smile,

"He's got a point Hayley," Jae added,

"Relax you both, it'll be fine, we don't know for sure if I am a muggle-born. Salazar loathed muggles, so he wouldn't allow a muggle-born to be a part of his house," Hayley said in a reassuring tone.

Xan and Jae didn't seem very convinced but they dropped the topic for now. Though the three of them secretly made individual research about the Chamber of Secrets, but none of them achieved a lead.

Hayley heard that Harry Potter, Hermione and Ron Weasley found Mrs Norris merely moments after she was petrified. This reawakened Hayley's curiosity about Harry Potter and how he had survived a Killing Curse all those years ago. As far fetched as it sounded, Hayley wanted there to be a connection between these two events. Though it was pure coincidence that he was there at that time. A very remote possibility but she thought that what if this may be Voldemort. What if he was the heir of Slytherin?... After all Voldemort was capable of lots of horrible things... And he also loathed muggles more than anything... What if he was the one behind the Chamber.

A part of her thought she might be looking at it in this way maybe because she was new to the Wizarding World and that she's desperately trying to connect everything, but another part of her thought that she might just be right, but she didn't have enough courage to admit this to Xan and Jae.

➳➳➳➳➳

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 12𝘵𝘩 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘬𝘴!💫

𝘞𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸!⚡

𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘝𝘰𝘵𝘦, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦!🌟

We crossed fifty votes !!!!!! I'd like to thank everyone who took time to read this book and support it through reads and votes ❤❤❤❤❤❤

I didn't get the chance to proof read this one, I'll do it as soon as possible and edit some typos.

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆❤
𝓚.𝓣 𝓢𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽.