Chapter 9

Chapter 9

---

Exams were the worst painful time of Celine's life. She felt like her life is unchanging. Everyday is the same routine; wake up, eat, study, sleep and then, repeat.

She spent most of the time in the library rather than in the comfort of her dorms. She just went into her dorm to take a rest from everything.

There's nothing wrong about it if you take a rest. Wala namang mawawala kapag nagpahinga ka saglit pero sana'y hindi mo rin ubusin ang panahon mo sa pahinga sapagka't hindi pa tapos ang laban.

It's okay to take a rest because we're just human beings who can get tired but it doesn't mean that we're just going to spend most of our time resting.

Every person has responsibilities and goals to achieve while they're still breathing and alive.

Someone may be the breadwinner of their family, a med student who's a few step closer to get his license to become a doctor, etc.

And Celine? She's busy. College wasn't as easy as it seems but she's determined to finish it. One day, she can finally said; long story short, I survived.

Meanwhile, Nicholas is just as busy a s her, the couple rarely check on each other but even if she only had a few time, she tried to keep in touch and so did he.

She plucked out her earphones and let it fall onto her lap as she stretched her arms upward.

Napangiti ang dalaga dahil pakiramdam niya na productive siya ngayon. She felt like she did something very fulfilling and she needs to get her reward; a short rest and some time with her boyfriend.

Celine felt like it was ages when she messaged her boyfriend. But actually, she composed a text to her boyfriend a few hours ago before she spend time studying at her room.

7:00 AM
Good morning, babe! How are you?

Weird. But he didn't reply. Marahil at busy lang ito.

Pero hindi niya maiwasang magtaka. She already composed some short messageshe but he didn't reply.

Kumain ka na ba?

How are your studies?

Sana hindi ka nagpapagutom ha, it's bad.

Take a break when you feel like you need one.

It's bad for the health if you overworked yourself.

Call me when you need someone to talk to, okay?

I love you, babe!

Nagkibit-balikat ang dalaga. Siguro at busy lang ito.

Then, she composed a new message.

1:00 PM

Celine: guess who's done studying?

Habang siya ay naghihintay sa kanyang reply ay napagisipan ng dalaga na mag-scroll sa Instagram. Bihira lang siya gumamit sa kanyang social media.

Tapping through people's Instagram stories, she stumbled upon Veronica's one.

Right, she followed Veronica right after they meet.

She swallowed a lump of saliva in her throat the moment she saw the photo posted on her story. It was a photo of Nicholas!

Just from looking at the pace, her boyfriend is on the library.

It seems like he was studying but have you ever saw someone reading a book with a smile?

Then, she tap and it was candid photo of Nicholas looking up at her with a smile as he was trying to reach her phone with a caption 'I got caught by Mr. Passionate.'