(Volume II) Chapter I: Return to the Palace of Love

a/n: decided to start over the roman numerals + start a new arc with a timeskip, hope you guys enjoy the return of the return (if i still have readers anymore that is lmao)

If you've never seen a dragon the size of a corgi have a case of a sniffles, I'll tell you it's painfully adorable. Obviously, I wouldn't say that to Justin's face. Just as the ice was beginning to thaw and I was beginning to think we'd escaped the winter without any illnesses, here I stand making soup for our greener-than-usual friend.

I loaded up a tray with a steaming hot bowl and tasked Vinny with it's delivery. Before he could make it out of the kitchen, I heard the tray clatter to the ground behind me. Vinny shrieked, soup went flying, and Moony came running. I sighed to myself upon seeing what had startled him out of his own skin. A certain slut deciding to teleport into my kitchen unannounced.

Asher sat atop the counter, legs crossed and tail flicking like a mischievous cat. He glanced the mess he'd incidentally caused. "Mortals are so dramatic."

"We have a front door." I deadpanned.

"And for an immortal, you're quite boring." He retaliated.

Ignoring that. I quickly readied a new bowl of soup, plenty more to spare on the stove. "Here. Take this up. I'll clean it up, after I deal with... This." I gestured down Asher's sinful frame. Moony clearly wanted to stay behind to continue lapping up the spill, but Vinny urged her out, extremely eager to put some distance between himself and our uninvited guest.

"I can't stay long. Short chain, I'm afraid." He presented me with a beautifully wrapped gift. Rich reds and silk, kissed by the perfume of the palace's garden. "Dear Ville coerced me into being his delivery boy, just this once. I'd normally never demean myself like this, but I made an exception for you. He said it was for a couple you know. I honestly didn't pay much attention."

"It's a wedding gift for Ezra and Yuu." I responded upon glancing the tag. "Tell him we said thank you. And thank you for making the trip. So, I take it things are going well at the palace?"

"I'm enjoying myself more than I thought I would. Initially, I didn't think it'd go anywhere. I mean, Ville's interest in me was nice, but I read him as an obvious top and I don't bottom. Foolish of me to assume the God of Love wouldn't be versatile. It was the first time in my life I'd ever had sex with someone who had the level of expertise I did. It was refreshing, to say the least."

"Ville's a good friend, and I'd prefer to not hear about his sex life in detail, please."

"Oh, but he's so good at giving head."

"Asher."

He snickered, happy he'd gotten to mess with me, even if only a little. A dramatic sigh fell from lips. "I should be getting back. Ville wasn't in the best of moods when I left. I was explicitly told it wasn't the day to try his patience. But, it was good to see you again, my dear. And, by the way, I like the new outfit."

And with one last look from his "fuck me" eyes atop his Cheshire grin, he disappeared. Yeah, I bet the slut did like my new uniform. He had a particular fascination with my face the first time we met and disliked the mask I used to cover it. I don't need such things anymore, or so it's seemed. A lot has changed since the snow began falling. Spring was nearly here, and I must wonder what else it may bring with it.

Though our castle had changed in many ways, it remained the lively home Ricky and I had built together. Soon after Ezra and Yuu had made it back home, now happily married might I add, Kuza and Yuki moved to the capital of Avatar Country. They both held onto Ricky and I in unhealthy ways that wouldn't allow growth or change. It was time their lives to move forward, and so they made the decision to accept positions in the king's army. Yuki was always more of a city dweller anyways. Since I've become less dependent on blood as well, finding him dead bodies to feed on had become more difficult. As for Kuza, there were few places he could go long term with his condition, but under Johannes' watchful eye was thankfully one of those few. I didn't realize until well after they'd left, we needed this change just as much as they did.