Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"It's the best part of Christmas!" Kol added excitedly, already busy with handing out pen and paper for everyone.

"Henrik and I will leave for a second, so I can help him to write his wishes down." Klaus announced.

"Well, I have to admit that it does actually sound great. Who would've thought you guys had a tradition like this!" Caroline said.

"Yeah, while we always tried to celebrate Christmas together, it often ended in coffins and blood." Kol agreed.

"I'd be very happy if we could leave the blood and coffins out this year." Liz stated.

"You needn't worry, Sheriff. This year, we're all agreeable and happy to be reunited as a family." Elijah explained.

"Thanks to Caroline and Bonnie." Rebekah agreed causing the girls to blush.

"Enough with all the chit chat. I want to get the bonfire started!" Kol announced.

After watching Henrik unwrap several gifts, they sat down in front of the TV with eggnog, minus Henrik, of course, watching 'How the Grinch stole Christmas' together and Caroline couldn't remember ever feeling more content at Christmas. She was surrounded by people she cared about and in turn cared about her. It was perfect.

When the movie ended, Henrik was passed out, his head resting in Klaus' lap.

"I better get him to bed." Klaus stated. "I'll be right back."

Klaus pulled the little boy in his arms and walked him out of the room cautiously.

"I better get going, too. I'm exhausted." Liz announced.

"Please, let me escort you home." Elijah offered.

Liz thought about it for a second but agreed, not wanting to drive a car after drinking two glasses of eggnog.

"I'll be home soon, too." Caroline told her mother.

"Enjoy the rest of your evening, sweetie." Liz hugged her daughter briefly before leaving with Elijah.

"So, what movie shall we watch next?" Rebekah asked the girls.

"Love, actually!" Caroline announced.

"Sounds boring." Kol groaned.

"Well, leave if you don't want to watch it!" Rebekah snapped.

"No, I'm good." Kol answered shifting closer to Bonnie, making Caroline laugh.

"Get a room." Rebekah teased.

"Gladly. Shall we, darling?" Kol wiggled his brows at Bonnie.

"No, thanks. I want to watch the movie." Bonnie answered casually.

"Where's Elijah?" Klaus asked as he re-entered the room.

"He's making sure my mother gets home safely." Caroline explained.

Klaus nodded and sat down next to Caroline, putting one arm around her shoulders casually.

"Prepare yourself, Nik. We're watching a chick-flick next." Kol announced.