Chapter - 26

Beginne am Anfang

His wife's melodious mumblings were enriching small smile on his lips.

"It's been long time, I have heard these beautiful old songs. Swara, you have such a great collection."

"Granny it's not collection. I have one app downloaded on phone. I will download on your phone as well. Then you can hear these old golden pearls whenever you want."

Sanskar looked at his grandmother from rear view camera. She was looking outside with bright grin. It was after long time he was seeing inner child coming out from his Granny.

'Swara was right. I should not have locked Granny inside four walls. Look at her face. She is content. She is so happy. Thank you so much Swara for making me realise about this. Even though she is my Granny, it's you, who understood her better.'

He turned to look at Swara's face which had small smile.

"No need to thank me" Swara whispered pressing her lips to supress her chuckle.

Instantly, his face turned surprised.

"Do you have any mind reading app as well?"

"Hmm...no. I have Granny" Her reply added extra to his already confused mind.

Within three hours they reached to the small cottage which was surrounded with maple trees.

Since, it was falls season, it was looking more beautiful with different colours

Julia showed her around as instructed by Granny where as Sanskar helped Granny to settle down in her room.

"Wow this is simply beautiful" Swara was at back side of cottage which had beautiful lake side view with fireplace, patio settings, barbeque.

"This is Lake Huron. One of the great five lakes of Canada." Julia informed.

"Julia Aunty who will say this is a lake? This is like an ocean. It's so big you can't even see the other end." She was amazed with nature's creation.

"What is this Julia Aunty?"

"This is barbeque. I have marinated meat we will do it tomorrow along with thanksgiving special roast turkey dinner." Julia confirmed.

After long talk they both came inside to have dinner.

Post dinner, Julia also went to take rest, but sleep was far away from Swara's eyes.

She moved towards back of the cottage. She sat there on the bench facing lake. She was rubbing her shoulders feeling chillness in her body.

"Take this. You are usually cold most of the time" Sanskar passed one quilt standing at the back of bench.

"Thanks Sir" she took quilt and wrapped around her.

It came as surprise for her when Sanskar sat beside her.

It was again peaceful silence just sound of leaves and water waves were increasing beauty of the night under full moon.

"Me, Granny and Grandpa always used to come here on thanksgiving weekend. When Grandpa passed away, we stopped coming here. It's almost after 6 -7 years, we are here."

"Ohh... do you miss him?"

"Terribly! I was just 22 – 23, when he took his last breath. It was unexpected. Everything came on my shoulders suddenly. Granny's care as well as business." He slipped in memory lane.

"It must have been so difficult for you." she took quick glance of his lost face.

"You can't even imagine. During university days, I used to take my lessons from Grandpa, but it was like, I always used to work under his shadow. And then one day, I was thrown out to walk under burning sun."