Chapter 35: She-Wolf

Start from the beginning

"Going red."

I giggled embarrassed and twisted away, holding my cheeks. "Thann! Stop. I can't help it."

He held on my arms and tugged to turn me back to him.

"No," I snickered pathetically and held my ground, tearing my arm from his grip.

He dropped his hands. "That's going to take some getting used to though."

I did turn to him in question.

"You're stronger now."

"I am?" I looked down over my body like I'd see 'you are stronger' tattooed across my chest. But instead my hands quickly went to my belly. "The baby!"

"Baby's fine," he smiled and placed a hand there.

"But it's not warm anymore," I fretted, my hands dashing around all sides.

"Stop, stop," he soothed. "You're our temperature now."

"I am?" I moved my hands to my face. I didn't feel any warmer.

He nodded.

"So she's okay then?" I moved back to my belly.

"She?"

I probably went red again. "Oh, I just... I just made up a gender so I didn't have to call it It."

He stepped forward and roamed a hand over my belly too, a giant grin snaking his face. "Well then she is fine."

"Okay." I nodded.

Cane inched over. "Can I come back yet?"

Thann nodded. "Sure."

That's when I noticed Cane had quite the black eye and limp. I gasped. "What happened?"

He shrugged. "Thann beat my ass."

Thann punched him in the arm, voice low and threatening. "You better be glad she survived."

"Aww come on," he complained, rubbing over the spot. "She did better than survive! Look at her. She's perfect!"

I tried not to go red again. "Nn..no I'm not."

He chuckled. "Uh, yeah. You are. No wonder you're the Alpha King's mate." Cane pointed to my leg. "Your shift even completely healed the skunk poisoning. We've never seen that before."

"What?" I bent down and roamed a hand over my shin. It was true. All the muscles had regrown? There wasn't even a hint of a scar. And over my arm where the berries burned me, nothing. No rippled skin. No red bubbled flesh. My skin seemed perfect, almost brand spanking new and flawless. Even the old scar on my knee from a barbed wire fence was cleared. I checked out over my arms then touched at my face.

I twisted to see over my shoulder and even that looked good as new. Moving the shoulder around a bunch, it felt better than new. Strong and powerful. Ready to shoot.

"My gun!" I exclaimed. "Where is it? I need to see if I can shoot again!"

"Your thunder stick?" Thann asked, but pointed to it near the head of the bed, on the ground.

"Yes!" I burst and grabbed it, holding it like it was the key at the end of some Super Mario level.

I was out the cave and across the campsite before I knew it and searching the scope for something to aim at.

Checking over the bullets, I loaded a full round then set the gun to my shoulder. It was like a sigh of relief poured over my body with it back fitting in its spot.