CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Start from the beginning

Soonyoung and Mingyu were both bleeding and bruised, still fuelled with anger, and it took the staff fifteen minutes before successfully separating the two. They directed glares shining with hatred at each other.

"Greedy and arrogant! That's exactly what you are!" Mingyu had spat, and all of his personal grudges were about to erupt.

Soonyoung remained silent, but the murderous expression on his face revealed what he was thinking.

When the staff holding Soonyoung back became distracted and made the mistake of loosening his grip, Soonyoung took advantage of the opportunity and charged at Mingyu again, landing another punch and almost hitting the staff holding Mingyu.

Mingyu broke free and returned the blow, restarting the fight. This time, more anger, more hatred, and a deepening grudge poured into it with each blow. The other boys stood by on the sidelines, torn between emotions.

They grew worried about their hurt friends, but even more for their other friends, who were on the verge of murdering each other. Mingyu and Soonyoung's relationship had always been tumultuous, according to Jihoon. The fight was inevitable, given their unresolved previous problems and the addition of new ones.

Seungcheol and Jeonghan rushed inside. Their expression was one of shock and worry. While his lover, Seungcheol, rushed up the stage to help break up the fight, Jeonghan dashed to where his injured friends were being treated.

It took almost seven people to separate the two men still fumed with anger. Three male staff members held Mingyu back, while Soonyoung got held back by four.

Seungcheol stood in the center, feeling the one emotion he hadn't expected to feel for the two.

When Mingyu saw the expression of absolute disappointment and shame on the leader's face, he felt as though his rage suddenly flushed out from him and overwhelming remorse had taken its place.

Mingyu only understood what he had done after that. He allowed Soonyoung to get inside his head, but that wasn't the worst part. Rather than remaining logical, he allowed his emotions to determine his next steps. The worst thing is that two of his friends got hurt in the end.

He had never expected to see Seungcheol give him that kind of look, whatever the cause. Mingyu felt ashamed of himself as a result, and the self-blame began.

Although the fight had ended, it left the damage to be dealt with.

Before the medics arrived, they gave the two injured boys first aid. Wonwoo's father, Mr. Kim, was among the medics, and he hurried to where his son and his friends stood, a terrified expression on their faces. They were clearly trembling as well, showing how badly the fight had affected them.

The other medics went to tend to Hansol and Seokmin, while they approached Mingyu and Soonyoung with caution.

Mingyu, who was already drowning in self-blame and guilt, simply let the medic take care of him without complaint, and when the workers thought he can stay put, they let him go. Soonyoung was still furious. When the medic wanted to check on his bleeding nose, he snapped at her and swatted her hands away.

The female medic stepped back in surprise and felt terrified right away; she just stood there, unsure whether she should proceed. Soonyoung scoffed at her and wriggled free from the staff's grasp.

The staff prepared to block Soonyoung in case he attacked Mingyu again, but Soonyoung only sneered at them before walking away with a final hateful glare directed at Mingyu. People on his path backed up in terror.

The injured ones got escorted to the clinic as soon as possible, while Dr. Kim remained with his son and his friends for some much-needed counseling to help the boys cope with the emotional distress caused by the fight.