CHAPTER SIX

"Are we there yet?"

"Dino-ah please don't get started."

"Be careful with your coats; they will crease."

"Gyu, don't think about our coats; instead, concentrate on the road."

"Is it just me, or does someone else's coat make them feel uneasy? Since mine is a little too stuffy and itchy, ah!"

"Maybe it's because of those macaroons you've been eating since we left the dorm,"

"Why did you bring those in the first place? You moron, we're going to a Ball, which means there will be food."

"What? I got hungry okay. Leave my macaroons alone."

"Have you seen my glasses, babe?"

Mingyu reached sideways and tapped the glove compartment without taking his gaze away from the lane. Dino, who had been playing games on his phone, had noticed the action and, without needing to be asked, opened the compartment, revealing Wonwoo's glasses, three of them in fact.

"Can you please give me one of my glasses, Dino-ah?" As he leaned forward and peered over the headrest of Dino's seat, Wonwoo said.

"What one is it, Hyung? There are three of them."

"What about the one with the grey rim? Let me take a look at that."

Dino nods and gives Wonwoo the aforementioned pair of glasses, which he instantly puts on and evaluates in the rear-view mirror.

"What are your thoughts, Babe? Is it this one or not?"

Mingyu casts a brief glance behind him and can't help but smile his canine grin. "I like that babe; it suits you well. Really cute."

Wonwoo pouted at that. "But I don't want to look cute. I want to look hot, like smoking hot."

Mingyu simply grinned at his boyfriend's cuteness and reached aimlessly for the still open compartment, picking a random pair of glasses, and he realized he had found the right one only by feeling the tiny encrusted diamond on the glasses' rim corners.

"Here Babe, this will suit you best. I just know it."

"Thanks Babe."

Wonwoo takes off his other glasses and replaces them with the ones his girlfriend gave him. Both Wonwoo and Mingyu adore the glass's case, which was a brilliant midnight blue color with two small, real diamonds encrusted on the upper corners of the rim. It added sparkle to Wonwoo's already beautiful eyes.

Wonwoo double-checked his appearance in the rear-view mirror, sweeping his bangs to the side and adjusting his glasses, a slight grin tugging at the corners of his mouth as he achieved the look he wanted.

"Love it. Thanks Babe." Before properly resuming his seat, the fox-eyed guy gave his boyfriend a loving kiss on the cheek. The other glasses were slid into a pocket in the back of Dino's seat.

The car makes a right turn and then comes to a complete stop, lurching the passengers and Mingyu forward. Jihoon was about to let out a string of curses if he hadn't seen what had brought the car to a sudden halt.

Mingyu quietly cursed as he looked ahead. Even leaving the dorm so early didn't seem to help them avoid the traffic.

"Well, there goes making it to the ball on time."

"Hey Minie, how much further before we get to the hotel?" Jihoon inquired, his irritated gaze fixed on the traffic.

Seokmin stopped the game he was playing and checked his gps app right away. "Hmm, about two and a half kilometres from here, Hyung,"