Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Henrik!" She tried calling him.

"Henrik! Where are you? I need to talk to you!" Still, no response.

"Henrik Mikaelson! I swear, if you don't come back right now I will tell Elijah about.." Caroline heard something and expected to see Henrik standing behind her. She was wrong.

She was facing Kol who didn't look happy at all.

"Hi.." Caroline said nervously suddenly very aware of her state of dress.

"What are you playing at?" His eyes were filled with anger.

"Nothing!" Caroline assured him.

"You think this is funny? Did Nik tell you about him?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Bullshit! What are you hiding?" Kol approached her and Caroline felt the panic rise.

"I swear, I don't..." She tried but Kol gripped her throat, blocking her air.

"Don't lie. Now, One more time: What. Are. You. Hiding?"

"Nothing." Caroline croaked.

"You might be able to fool Nik, but not me. I'm not distracted by your body."

"Please, let me go!" She pleaded.

"Start talking, Caroline. Or else I might be forced to torture the answer out of you."

"You wouldn't!" Kol must know that Klaus would freak out royally when he got home to find his brother torturing her.

"Nik doesn't scare me! Besides, I have a feeling I'd do him a favour by finding out your little secret." Kol grinned at her.

Caroline's brain was working hard to find a way to avoid him finding out about Henrik. Klaus wouldn't be happy if his siblings found out. Particularly with his mother so close.

Caroline's phone buzzed and Kol threw her across the room unceremoniously.

Before Caroline was back on her feet, Kol was reading what was probably Bonnie's answer.

Caroline knew there was nothing she could do now. Kol would find out about Henrik and Bonnie's involvement.

"Does Nik know?" Kol whispered.

"Yes." Caroline confessed.

"Is he here right now?" Kol looked at her, his eyes betraying the emotional turmoil going on inside him.

"No. I tried calling him before, but it didn't work."

"Looks like we're going on a little trip, then. Get dressed" Kol told, throwing her phone across the room.

"What? No! Where are we going?" Caroline was afraid he'd take her straight to Esther.

"You have ten seconds to dress before I force you out of here." Kol warned her.

Caroline was in no mood to be dragged around looking like this and quickly grabbed a pair of jeans and put them on.

Before she could change out of Klaus' henley however, Kol had grabbed her wrist and started dragging her with him like he had promised.