Chapter Nineteen

En başından başla

Love you! xxx

Caroline sighed. Of course Bonnie couldn't answer all her questions right away, but she hoped that it wouldn't take too long either.

To Bonnie:

Thanks, Bon! You don't know how relieved I am to know you're working on it!

And I'm okay. Really! I know they can be quite annoying, but they're also not so bad once you get to know them.

Love you too! xxx

Caroline placed her phone on the nightstand only for it to start vibrating once again. Caroline looked at the screen and nearly jumped off the bed in surprise.

Klaus calling

She hadn't heard from him since he left and now he was calling her after she had been texting Bonnie. Did he screen her conversations? She hoped for the timing to be coincidence and picked up.

"Hello?" She all but whispered into the phone.

"Hello, love." His voice answered.

"I didn't expect you to call." Caroline told him.

"Why else would I be giving you a phone?" Klaus chuckled.

"Because you destroyed my old one?" Caroline answered bluntly.

"You're not still mad at me for my little outburst then?" Klaus asked and Caroline swore she could hear his puppy eyes!

"Well... No, I don't think so. But don't worry, I got plenty more reasons to be mad at you. If I want to, that is."

"Oh, do you? Humor me, love." Klaus laughed and Caroline realised that she was grinning, too.

"I'll make you a list. But right now, how about the fact that you left me with your siblings?" Caroline teased.

"Why? What have they done?" Klaus' voice had changed into an angry tone.

"Nothing! They're fine! They just can be annoying, you know?" Caroline explained quickly.

"Why do you think I stored them in coffins?" His voice was back to being playful and Caroline relaxed.

"We really have to deal with these anger issues of yours, Mister!" Caroline scolded.

"Yes, M'am!" Klaus laughed and Caroline giggled.

"Tell me about your day? Did you enjoy your new privilege?" Klaus asked.

"I had an amazing day! Your siblings even behaved quite good around all the humans at school." Caroline told him proudly.

"I'm sorry, love. Did you just say behave in relation to my younger siblings? I can hardly imagine that!" Klaus mocked.

"Don't be so hard on them." Caroline told them.

"You'll change your mind about that after spending a thousand years with them." Klaus announced.

Caroline's eyes widened. She had grown to like the original family, but did she really imagine herself with them for that long? Could she take all the evil things they did? The blood, the compulsion, every thing? Did Klaus really wanted her around for that long?

Caroline laughed nervously.

"I'll have to go now, love." Klaus said.

"Already?" Caroline asked slightly disappointed.

"Careful, sweetheart. I might think you're missing me." Klaus chuckled.

"Yeah? What if I did?" Caroline challenged. Honestly, she did.