56 🌙 Shame on you

Start from the beginning

"Stop it!" She raised her voice in distress, looking at the anger flaming in my eyes, like daggers shooting across the table while I looked at my brother. "I have three children! And whatever happened," She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "I still think is... I still don't have words for it," she looked as frustrated as I felt. "But I can't stand this! I won't watch my family fall apart, over some stupid girl!" She shot the same daggers at Evelyn, and I followed mom's gaze. It's the first time since she entered I really tried to look at her. Not in the eye though, she doesn't deserve that. Evelyn didn't even look offended, the smug look on her face still showing her ugly nature. I felt my clenched fists itch as soon as her gaze fell on Luna, giving her a menacing once over. Oh hell, no. I'm lucky mom finished her speech and it pulled my attention away from her. "You have one life, one family. And I won't pick sides between my kids." Tears burned behind her eyes, as she fell back into her chair, my dad grabbing her hand for comfort, yet he never spoke about the matter. Not to me, not to anyone.

"Mom, no offence...." Céline started, crossing her arms over her chest, the look on her face beyond pissed. I knew my sister, after all she was the one who was there that night, the one who comforted me on my lowest, the one who threw a Jimmy Choo at Evelyn as soon as she ran out of his room. Céce was definitely on my side. "You did pick a side the second you told them to sit at this table. For god sakes mom, your favoritism is so damn clear, I'm surprised Gabriel hasn't burst out laughing behind Jules's back. It's really not cool." She huffed annoyed, while mom looked at her in awe.

"Céline, this isn't your B-,"

"Business?" Céline bopped her head at mom. "Merde, it is."

"Céline!" Dad tried to correct her French in a soft tone. It was maybe the one word he knew because he uses it all the time when he swears.

She wasn't done talking as a rant laid on the tip of her tongue. "It is my business!" She started. "I'm part of this family too! So I get to say my part too!" She looked at mom, narrowing her eyes. "You shouldn't have invited him, and especially not her!" She cocked a brow at Evelyn, who was calmly sipping her wine she poured herself into an empty glass, enjoying the drama as if she needed it to exist. Probably. "If anything she shouldn't have stepped a single foot in here since that night!"

"She's my girlfriend." Gabriel shamelessly raised his voice, squeezing his eyes at Céline. And you don't see why that's wrong? You must really have lost you mind when you fucked her.

"And she shouldn't be!" Céline spoke before I could. "Go then! Go! If she's more important to you than us!" Céce barked at him and he didn't look comfortable with her assumptions. "Wait, you made that decision a year ago bro! When you screwed our brother's girlfriend! It's so disgusting I can't even look at you anymore!" She scoffed loudly, slamming her hand flat on the table and mom tried to interrupt but she didn't let her. "You're not my brother anymore Gabriel! So I wouldn't miss you if you would just get up and go! And take you're little whore with you!" Even I wouldn't have worded it like that. Shit Céline.

The expected slap on the wrist was more like a loud fist on the table and mom sobbing her eyes out. "J'en ai marre!" She yelled dramatically.

"Yeah boo hoo. I'm sick of it too maman!" Céline added before her face went cold, her eyes filled with fire and her words lingering on the table.

"Céce, that's enough." Dad pleaded, keeping his calm as always. He never raised his voice, he never got angry. He kept all of that for his players on the ice.

"Please, can't we just be a family again?" Mom looked at me and them at Gabriel sitting in front of me, and then to Céline who still looked like a volcano about to erupt some more. "Just for one night! One night is all I'm asking." She shook her head, while tears spilled down her cheeks.