Chapter 27

Here I am. My last day in whales, packing my stuff. I feel terrible and I still have a few hours to do what ever. Liam hasn't visited me or talked to me since the hospital and I feel like I did something ,but what?

A knock came to my door.

"Come in!" I shouted.

In came my mom, Desmond, and Harry. They all had big smiles on their faces.

"What's up?" I sighed.

"We have something to tell you." My mom announced.

I looked over to Harry and he shrugged. My mom continued.

"Okay, well you obviously know that me and Kat are supposed to be moving," she pauses for me to let her words sink in.

Wait, she said supposed to. What's going on?

"Well not anymore."

I take in what she's saying. What does she mean not anymore?

"Mom?" I question,but she holds up a finger.

"Kat you have a choice in this matter ,but listen. Since you and Harry are both old enough to take care of yourselves and old enough for jobs, me and Des, Have decided that you guys can stay here if you choose and keep this house together."

I look at my mom and Desmond and they both smile. I have a chance to stay here. With my friends. I can stay in this house, but with Harry as my roommate. But that also means I'll be pretty far away from my mom. My eyes tear up from the thought of my mom being so far away and me not being able to see her. She walks over to my and gives me a big hug, which I return.

"Kat I know we have been together and have relied on each other for so long ,but you are eighteen years old and you need to start doing what you want." She kisses my forehead before letting go and going back to her previous spot next to Desmond.

I know I need to grow up and stop relying on my mom. I nod my head twice.

"I'll stay." I say sadly ,but smile in reassurance.

As much as this makes me happy. I feel like we will never see each other.

"Well, there was no way I was moving in the first place. I didn't even start to pack" Harry says, walking up and standing beside me.

I surprise him with a hug and he returns it.

"Well let's get you unpacked." Desmond smiles.

------

"I'll take care of your mother and you are free to come stay with us every once in a while when Harry annoys you. He can be a pain in the arse." Desmond smiles.

"Dad!" Harry comes running out of the house.

He clings onto his dad and gives him a strong hug.

"Aw, yes. Harry you be good and if you get sick of Kat you can come visit." He chuckles.

"Hey." I huff, crossing my arms and pouting.

"I'm kidding." Desmond laughs.

"We need to get going if we want to catch this flight." My mom says.

We already cried and hugged so we're good.

They get in the car and wave as the drive off. Now I have to do something and I don't care who's around. I'm going to find Liam...

I drive to his apartment building and his car isn't in the parking lot so I go to Niall's.

I knock on the door loudly and he opens it.