He begins gagging at the contamination sticking in his throat. And the amount of magic he gives is much less than the magic he's taking in.

America sucks it up like a vacuum. Russia felt like he is falling behind on the need. He tries to speed up the process only to find he can't.

He hisses and spits. Black sludge bubbles under his maw.

He looks up again to see an almost blinding spell. Brilliant bright blue becomes the only thing he can see.

Russia slowly walks toward the light. He faintly registers things brushing against his numb legs. Another wave of nausea sends him to the ground. He shakes, though how hard he's shaking isn't clear to him. He hisses louder and shakes his head, as if to dismiss the burning behind his eyes.

'I can't stop. I can't stop!'

He can't understand the yelling now, and everything around him is a blur.

"RUBY!"

'Beam...'

Russia blindly stumbles forward. He feels someone grab his fur and pull him toward the blinding blue light. He walks with them, and the air shifts. The whole world swirls dully around him, and he latches onto the new magic.

It's lighter.

The disk shuts.

Russia begins gagging and coughing, new strands of magic rushing through his system. Like a firehose, he spews the darkened sludge against the trees. It splatters across the landscapes and coats everything in a dark sheen of slime.

He feels his body begin to shift. It grows and shrinks, warping in shape. Panic blindsided Russia, and his breathing picks up its pace.

'Nonon no please!'

"Rue? Can you hear me?"

'America? What's happening to me?'

"Hey, I know this is scary, but you have to calm down. You can control this, okay?"

He pitches forward onto his chest and his breathing becomes choppy and fast. He thrashes around, trying to fight to pull in his limbs.

"It's okay. You're okay."

Russia opens his mouth in an attempt to respond, only to spew more toxic magic from his system.

"You're just filtering it all out of you. It's okay. You're doing great."

After a moment, Russia recognizes someone petting his back. A large hand rubs circles against him. He takes a deep breath and coughs.

"It's okay. You're okay."

Russia rolls over to see America looking down at him with a worried but proud look.

"Hi, Russ. Are you with us?"

Russia slowly sits up and flinches at the pain in his spine. He looks down to see claw-like hands, and most of his arms and legs are furry. He looks back up, and guilt hits him like a train. America smiles gently, his lip swollen and bleeding.

America's hands are swollen too, and Russia is struck by the memory of rubbing against him.

Russia looks back at America and realizes that America looks about his size, if just a little smaller. His eyes go wide, and he opens his mouth.

"Meri?" he rasps.

He covers his mouth in shock.

'I can... I can talk.'

"Hi Babe," America says calmly.

"Roos?" Ukraine calls.

Russia looks at everyone and tears begin streaming down his cheeks.

'They really are hurt.'

Close up, he can see how most of them try to ease pain in their legs and arms. He sees how they wince when sitting down. Russia claws at the dirt, scowling through his tears.

'I did that to them.'

Russia whines under his breath and bites his tongue. His tongue burns at his sharp teeth, but Russia finds that he doesn't care. He rubs at his face while sobs force their way up his throat.

He can see people gathering around him, but his brain feels far too jumbled to explain anything. Everything feels woozy and dizzy. He begins to sway. Someone catches him by the shoulders.

"Rue?"

'Meri is here.'

Russia very weakly wraps his arms around the person supporting him. He shakes against his cries, having given up on fighting them. Everything blends together. Someone brushes his hair back with a familiar motion.

It smells familiar.

'Meri. Meri is here. I'll be okay.'

"Oh... Russ."

Russia's body gets heavy. Someone kisses his forehead gently and the world fades away.

'Meri is holding me. I am okay.'