12. Am I Falling?

Start from the beginning

"Huh! Flirting? I thought girls can never do flirt." he remarked giving her the same smirk back.

"Hey Ram!" She dramatically facepalmed.

"Ji haan Sitey..." she rolled her eyes as he chuckled.

That peaceful silence came back between them again until she broke it,

"Doobara kabhi nhi mil payenge na hum?"

"Shayad nhi." he sighed heavily.

"By the way congratulations in advance Dr. Siya Chauhan. Free me treatment karwa dena agar mujhe kuch h-" she placed her palm on his lip to stop him to proceed the line further.

He noticed her eyes glistening.

"Oh, C'mon Siya! I still have one week left to go. Enjoy the moment together instead of worrying about the future. Kyuki kya pata kal ho na ho!" He spoke the last line playfully, extending his arms cinematically.

"Don't worry you'll get a better partner next time. Don't harass them as you did with me." he continued with a fake hurting face.

"You're impossible." she stood up angrily and left his sitting figure behind.

His laughter echoed around.

🍃

Siya somehow completed her tasks as she took out her diary and pen.

Dear Diary,

20th September, 2022

I'm in a dilemma right now. I can't understand why I'm feeling so flutter— from the day after hearing about his departure.

The truth, without meeting with him for the rest of my life haunted me. But why?

He's just my friend and I should be happy for his upcoming bright future. Then why on earth my heart feels like empty every second I think about that?

I never felt this kind of feeling before.

What is this?

Is it signifies that I'm falling for him?!

'Sita! you mean we're Ram Sita?'

'Of course, we're not! Can you imagine how much they loved each other?'

'We can too. Can't we, Sitey?'

Like a broken radio, his statements were constantly ringing into her ears.

From the very first day of their meeting, their eyes locking, how the nature reacted when they were together, how his flute always remembered her about his love— Krishna, how his mere presence comforted her every single time when she felt frustrated about this life, how they became such close friends in a short period; relayed on her mind as if it was just yesterday they met and today life started showing its real colors by snatching away the simple happiness from her life.

Her Raghav.

A bundle of cool breeze touched her skin creating goosebumps all over her body. Once after revolving around her, it seemed to merge somewhere instantly.

It happened, most of the time, whenever she felt something good or positive around herself; no matter if there were any sources of wind coming or not.

She wondered if it was the universe that wanted to cross their roads together.

'Life isn't a romantic tale.' her subconscious reminded her, blocking the path of her newly bloomed heart.

"It's just an infatuation... maybe I can forget him after he goes." influenced by her conscious she decided to let go of the topic, completely ignoring how much her heart screamed to judge before it was too late to obtain.

🍃

Hey Champ!

20th September, 2022

I hope I don't disturb you again with my silly thoughts. But I think I need your guidance mostly now.

Today I saw a completely different Siya. I had seen her pale face when Mr. Agarwal informed us about my departure.

I know this is quite natural for her as we're being such close friends. Though today her eyes held something beyond that, I couldn't decipher.

Is this what I'm thinking that she might have the same feelings as I've for her!

Her innocence-filled face flashed through his eyes. The saccharine feeling of her sweet smell, how he watched her with adoration when she blushed.

'Whenever you feel depressed just look at the moon. It watches you from there all the time and knows all the secrets in your heart.'

It was once told by Siya. As he, an astrophile, didn't bother to take a glance at the bright source of light or hope— the moon, which moved along with the stars.

He looked at the euphoric moon, gulping a lump as his Adam's apple simultaneously bobbed up and down; silently seeking for the unquestionable answers of his heart.

"Am I falling for her?" A faint voice of his own echoed through the surroundings reminded the question which bothered him for so long.

"No-noo. I ain't. How can I?" Came his immediate reply.

'Well, Pyaar kiya nhi jaata, ho jaata hai!'

Hardly believed he heard it right or not when his lips tugged upwards a little yet his brain didn't want to cope up with it at all.

His thanatophobia warned him every moment,

'What if you'll lose her too?'

'What if she rejects you?'

The very thing scared him out of his shit.

'Now you belong to a prosperous family doesn't change the fact that you're born in a lower-middle-class family and she's a millionaire's child.'

"Yes, I think you're right. It's the ultimate truth after all. She doesn't deserve me. She'll forget about me soon." he thought.

He couldn't afford to lose their friendship, to lose her, at any cost. So decided it was better to keep his distance from her in those days.

After that, he would go far away from her life where she couldn't able to find him.

She must be happy without him.

She had to.

"Only if I never met with her," he whispered- sighed before the sleep engulfed him in its embrace.

🍃

They've feelings for each other.

What do you think, will they able to find it out before it's too late?