Chapter 8: A different POV

(LUCAS'S point of view)

"Perfect let's go to the park for a walk"
Jessica looked up at me expectantly.
I was tired but decided the park might just help

"Okay then"

"Yayyy" she squealed. I had just about dragged Zack along. I wasn't in the mood for Jessica's annoyingly long and boring stories. I had liked her in the beginning but I realised it was just her pretty face and not the pure heart I was looking for. Something didn't feel right.

Once we reached the park we found a bench and table to sit at

I suddenly jumped out of my thoughts when I heard a loud thump on the benches we were sitting at.
I looked up and saw Haniya glare at me. She was never good at being angry and still can't but it was amusing to see.

"Lucas why are you so quiet?" she asked

I decided to ignore the question and and instead asked.."Why are you mad at me?"
I watched as a frown formed on her usually joyful face and I tried my hardest to hide a smile. What an idiot.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

(Flashback: few days ago)

I sat at the computers desk in the lobby trying to get my brain together. I had finally decided to man up and say sorry to Haniya. How hard could it be right? It was my fault after all. I think I went over the top when I called her weird but why did she have to take me so seriously. Ugh girls.
I don't know what overtook me but I got angry too and ended up barging her in the corridor. I thought it would make me feel better and I could leave her and stay with Jessica, but no....
Great...how stupid can I be, Haniya's been my friend for years and the one who was truly there for me. I knew I hurt her but I hoped I could fix it before it's too late.

I took a deep breath and got up once I saw her. I watched for a few seconds before I had the strength to approach her, but something didnt seem right. She was holding a chair and bent over in pain from the look of her face. I decided to go and ask what's wrong first before I say sorry.

"Hey....um, Han? You okay?" As soon as I finished the questioned she collapsed lightly dropping onto the floor.
I quickly rushed to her side and hesitantly held her arm and shook it.

"OY....Yo wake up...What the hell...What happen ...?" I looked around but couldn't see anyone in sight to help. A glimpse of a familiar shadow suddenly appeared.

"Jessica help me please can you call a teacher she's not getting up"
I started to worry more by every second. I shook her once again but her eyes stayed shut and her delicate body numb.

"Oh god what an attention seeker" Jessica whispered rolling her eyes.

I closed my eyes for a second stunned by what I just heard from Jessica. Haniya's laying here not moving and she had the nerve to say she attention seeking. I held back my words and decided to pretend I didn't hear Jessica say that.

"Jessica hurry up there's a teacher there" I pointed. I looked at Haniya again pulling her up slightly as she leaned on my shoulder still unaware and unconscious.

"Wake up please.....I'm sorry"
I quickly pulled out my phone, gave her friend Safiya a call and waited for her to pick up