Chapter 6: Home alone

(Weekend)

I got up from bed and sat near the windowsill, admiring the beautiful, dark night sky. Bright stars sparkled looking down on me. I sighed. It was 2am but my constant thoughts were keeping me awake. I opened my window and let the cool breeze hit my face while breathing in the crisp air. My hair fluttered in the light breeze as I tucked the strands back.

I had so many questions but no answers. Why me? I looked up and asked God. Those dodgy texts, creepy calls and Jessica's harsh words pulled at the strings in my heart cutting them. Pain was all I felt. Indescribable but the damage was creeping deeper.
How can I know who to trust anymore? I let my guard down trusting her with all my secrets and this is what it ends at. I wanted to scream at her, to take out my rage but nothing could change the broken strings. A soft tear escaped my eyes.

I took a deep breath, closed my window and decided to have a late night snack to help me fall asleep. I creeped down the staircase slowly and headed to the kitchen. Before I could turn the light on, I heard the loud roar of a motorbike engine as it speeded past, lighting the whole kitchen up with its headlights. I moved the blinds to look at it but I was too slow and half asleep. Oh well.. I grabbed a cup from the draw and filled it with milk to make a sweet hot chocolate and after another hour I drifted into a peaceful sleep.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

(Next morning)

I was running through beautiful green fields filled with the most magnificent colourful flowers. A dreamy lavender scent drifted in the air. I suddenly saw a cute little black and white kitten and ran towards it, it lifted its front paws and I calmly scooped the kitten into my arms, I was just about to pat its head when....

*ringgggg*

I opened my eyes slowly waking up and tapping my bed in search for my phone, ugh why did they have to interrupt my amazing dream. I finally found it and switched off my alarm. 9:30am

Just 10 more minutes I thought.

*ringggg*

I looked at my phone annoyed. Oh imrans calling. I picked up still half asleep and listened.

"Haniya get up, dad said make him tea and breakfast. You know mums got sleeping troubles because of her health so come on and I'm busy doing my work. Make it for me too yeah"

"Hm. Mhm" I replied unable to make sense of what he was saying. "10 minutes more" With that I turned off the call trying to drift back into my sweet dream. A few minutes later my phone rang again. I picked up really quickly not trying to wake myself up.

"What man? Bhai (=brother) I said 10 minutes its just been 4 minutes"

"Is Lucas your boyfriend?"

Huh wait- what? thats not Imrans voice. I pulled the phone down from my ear and shot up when I saw the caller display...Private number
Oh fudge not this stuff again I groaned. I put it on speaker incase they had anything left to say. Once again the machine-like male voice spoke...

"Is Lucas your boyfriend?"

*call ended*

What does Lucas have to do with any of this? I thought back to what Saf had said. Maybe this was all Isaac because I basically rejected him. But how is that possible? I had only met him for that first time. I didn't like the strange feeling and uncertainty in my head. Instead, I got up and took a warm shower then headed downstairs to make breakfast.