chp.16

"Everyone in position?", Yuna asked
She heard a few voices reply with confirmation. Huening Kai beside her worried, "I'm a bit nervous that Lia won't be able to wear the earpiece"
"She'll be fine, she's our distracter after all. She was specifically trained in acting and having quick solutions in tight scenarios", Yuna replied

In the the Lonshine Museum kitchen, Ryujin pulled down her beret to cover her ears, she whispered from her seat, "I see Soobin stacking up the plates. Beomgyu can you check in, where are you?"
Beomgyu's voice came through, "I'm at the hallway right outside the kitchen door, the rest of the waiters and outside smoking waiting for the orders to come through"

The rest heard a gush of wind through their earpieces and heard Chaeryeong speak, "It's really cold out here but we're at the back of the line waiting to enter the red carpet, I see Lia unnie with Ms.Evans and her date. I'll check in with you in a bit"
Taehyun turned to her, "Do I look okay?"
Chaeryeong reached up to straighten his bowtie and smiled, "All good now, how about me?"
"You look good, you look really pretty", Taehyun replied
"Well here we go, sorry for this", Taehyun added as he held out his arm
Chaeryeong looped her arm with his and nodded, "Same here"

The two of them reached the front of the line and met with the woman checking off names. She smiled up at the couple and asked, "Names?"
"Oliver Banks and Anne Rose", Taehyun answered curtly
"Ah, here we go. Enjoy your night!"

The two of them walked up the steps covered in a red carpet, they skipped the reporters and journalists waiting on the side held back by railings. Thankfully enough, the reporters were busy with taking pictures of other celebrities. Taehyun tapped Chaeryeong's arm as he nodded towards the direction where Lia was wondering around seemingly separated with her celebrity.

A man's voice resonated all around the museum saying, "Welcome our dear guests to the Lonshine museum, all of you are allowed to wander around the museum or sit at your table with your name labelled on it. Dinner will be served in 30 minutes and afterwards we'll bring all of you to the special exhibit. We have also received information that an important piece of jewellery is attending this Gala, so if you spot it you'll recognise it. Thank you"

Most of the guests ventured towards the middle of the museum where the tables were set up. Lia and Chaeryeong met eyes and Chaeryeong moved her eyes, signalling Lia to go to the tables and meet with Bridget. Taehyun and Chaeryeong turned a corner and the girl turned on her earpiece, "We're going to circle the place where the ring is being kept and check the case where the neckalce will be displayed in"
Huening Kai replied, "Good idea"

Beomgyu spoke quickly, "We're getting called in, I'm taking off my earpiece now"
Ryujin said something as well, "The kitchen is getting busy, talk to you all later"
"I see Lia sitting at your table, everything looks like it's going smoothly. Soobin looks annoyed but he's doing his fake job well", Yuna said to Taehyun and Chaeryeong
"Got it, we'll head to Lia now", Chaeryeong

The girl and Taehyun walked towards the tables where dinner was already being served, they weaved in and out of the moving waiters. Beomgyu locked eyes with Taehyun and nodded at him. The fake couple took their seats and said hello to the real celebrities at the table of 8. Taehyun choked when he realised the necklace was really big when seeing it in real life. Chaeryeong whispered in his ear, "Soobin's going to be so jealous"

Taehyun frowned and looked around their table and Bebe Rexha was seated right across them, he nodded agreeing with Chaeryeong. Speaking of the celebrity she asked them, "Hi! I'm Bebe Rexha, what's yall's names?"
"Oh yeah, we know you, we love your music. My name is Oliver and this is my fiance Anne, she works as an artist for movies", Taehyun replied

Lia raised an eyebrow while Chaeryeong almost started choking when Taehyun said she was his fiance because they only agreed on the two of them being boyfriend-girlfriend. Bebe Rexha clapped her hands, "That's wonderful, have you met Bridget here?"
"Oh yes, we love her movies. I worked on one of the movie posters for one of the remakes of her older movies", Chaeryeong smiled

"Pleasure to meet you, this my date Tom and my designer Ms.Lia. You should contact her sometime, she's great", Bridget said
Chaeryeong nodded at Lia who gave a smile, "Nice to meet you, I'll be sure to look for your website"
Taehyun inwardly giggled as the three of them knew Yuna was the one who created the fake page for Lia.
More introductions went around the table and some of their food started arriving.

Chaeryeong discreetly switched on her earpiece to hear Yuna frantically calling her name, "Oh thank god. Okay, I need you and Taehyun to like do something couple-y. Look across you, Bridget and her date are holding hands. The british painter couple have their arms over one another. You'll be suspicious, just do it until the food arrives"
Chaeryeong sighed and leaned her head on Taehyun's shoulder. Taehyun looked down at her surprised, Chaeryeong shook her head telling him to play along. The boy hesistantly put his hand on Chaeryeong's shoulder.

Meanwhile, Ryujin had turned on her earpiece to signal the rest that the main plan was about to start. Yuna hit Huening Kai's shoulder to wake him up. Chaeryeong, Yuna and Huening Kai listened through their earpieces hearing Ryujin call out, "Where's the special order soup for table 20? Oh yes, bring it over here"
Ryujin pulled off all the waiting notes on the plates waiting to be delivered, "Shoo"

She said to the rest of the waiters and pulled out the bottle in her pocket. She opened the cap and squirted the liquid into the soup. Beomgyu, at the right timing came up and nodded at her. He picked it up along with other bowls of soup and walked out of the kitchen. Ryujin shouted, "That was the last special ordered meal, I'll be off now!"
The staff in the kitchen called out together, "Thanks chef, goodbye!"

Ryujin pulled off her apron and chef hat, on her way out to the parking lot she passed Soobin and the two shared a nod. The girl walked out into the parking bay and entered her car. She sat there and pulled out the device that lets her listen to whatever is going on in her earpiece in speaker mode. She just managed to catch Yuna saying, "Well done, Beomgyu just put down the plates. Chaeryeong unnie, hurry up and tell them you have to go to the toilet. Ryujin unnie, you're free to drive back home if you want"

Chaeryeong said to Taehyun, "Dear, I need to use the bathroom"
She said to the rest of the guests, "Excuse me"
She checked the restroom and made sure it was empty. She waited standing up in one of the stalls.
Taehyun and Lia shared nervous glances as they saw Bridget dig into her soup. They started eating their own food and Yuna reassured them, "The drug will take a while to make her stomach churn. Relax for now"

They heard an angry huff from Soobin through the earpieces, "Great my fingers are all pruny now. Why did I have to wash the dishes again?"
"Because you have to receive the necklace and pick it apart so the rest of us can carry it out in little pieces", Huening Kai replied patiently

Yuna suddenly shouted, "It's happening!"