Chapter 15: The Battle Of Nanjing

Lu Yin would never have expected to be able to use star crystals for training on Earth. With the Cosmic Art to double his training speed, his absorption rate far surpassed students like Jeraldine; he believed he would be amongst the best of the entire Great Yu Empire. It wasnt long before one full crystal had been consumed, greatly increasing the amount of star energy in his body. He quickly moved onto the next one, crushing it and drawing out the energy from within.

An abundance of star crystals didnt necessarily mean that one could simply get to the peak of their current realm. Even they contained some level of impurities, and one still needed a formcast model to cleanse themselves. Only Melders could absorb the energy from star crystals and dispel the impurities themselves, those below had low energy thresholds and their combat level was also unstable. They also had to rely on the star crystals for training, which werent easy to come across. This was the reason they were mostly just soldiers and war slaves.

After absorbing a total of five star crystals, Lu Yin could feel the energy within his body surging. He had arrived at the peak of the Realm of Earth, the limit of someone still a Seeker. It would only take a single step to become a Sentinel, but that needed a formcast model.

He laid atop the villas rooftop and slept through the night, heading to Jeraldine the moment he woke up the next morning, Lets duel.

Jeraldine was dumbfounded by his candor, Do you know what time it is? I might be a cultivator, but Im also a girl, you know? Why is a guy looking to fight me so early in the morning?

Lu Yin knew himself that he was being difficult, but he really wanted to know the difference between himself and an elite Sentinel. He sighed, Ill come over in the afternoon, then.

Never mind, lets fight if you want, Jeraldine held him back. She didnt think he was worth too much attention; if not for his Shockwave Palm, she wouldnt even have cooperated with him.

The two found an empty spot and opened up a ten-meter gap between themselves, bestial gurgles ringing out from each side as they prepared. A faint trace of blood drifted into the strong winds.

Begin, I wont hit back, Jeraldine said proudly.

Lu Yin made a fist with his right hand and then released it, tearing the air apart like cloth as his taut legs snapped straight and launched him forward. The winds split the ground near him as he charged with an outstretched palm.

The sheer power of the Shockwave Palm surprised Jeraldine. She had initially planned to defend with a single hand, but had to raise both to guard herself. Even then an explosion rang out as the air currents swept past, the earth buzzing as it split apart into a crater that was a few meters wide. She exclaimed in shock, Quite powerful, even some of the Sentinels in my school dont have such strong attacks. A sneak attack with that could probably kill a Sentinel below 2k combat level.

Lu Yin grinned at that response; he had indeed used the Shockwave Palm to slap Vesta dead. Though that attack wasnt as strong as todays, Vesta wasnt combat level 2,000 either.

Im not done yet, lets keep going, he said as he launched another attack with equal power, pushing Jeraldine even deeper into the ground.

Feeling her hands going numb, she frowned, Enough, your attacks wont do anything to me. I already crossed the 2k threshold, you know that my power is different from anyone below.

Last one, Lu Yin barked, and this time the surface of his right hand flashed with faint starlight. The moon spun around his palm; while the airflow around was similar to when he activated Shockwave Palm, this was the Cosmic Palm which was far more powerful. Jeraldines heart started thumping as it clapped down on her, body disappearing into a shadow as everything within a hundred meters was smashed apart. An explosive distorted the very air around.