Chapter 2: Camp of Seven Sages

Congratulations, things have been handled! The beautiful woman wasnt gone for long. Later the same night, she was back with a smile on her face, only explaining herself after Lu Yin cast a look of doubt her way, I asked my older brother to help and he captured Zhang Tong. Hes inviting you over to discuss what youd like to do with the captives.

Lu Yins eyes lit up and he got to his feet, Lets go then.

The woman laughed and headed out, leading him through the bonfires until they were about 300 meters away from another group not far from Lu Yins original quarry. This section was no safer, but as Lu Yin arrived, he saw Zhang Tong and the other cultivators whod tried to rape the girls kneeling on the ground. In front of the dozen of them was a tall, burly man with his hands clasped behind his back whom the woman spoke to in a sweet voice, Brother, Lu Yin is here.

The man turned around and smiled, Are you Lu Yin?

Lu Yin nodded.

My name is Liu Sheng. I am one of the captains in this troop.

I know who you are, Lu Yin responded bluntly to the mans arrogant tone.

Liu Sheng arched his brows; he did not like the attitude Lu Yin had just shown, You want to deal with this group? Theyre all yours.

Lu Yin looked him in the eye, Name your conditions.

The corners of Liu Shengs mouth twitched as he stared hard at Lu Yin, Ill get straight to the point, then; Ive heard about your exploits and have been observing you. I dont believe you have absorbed any energy cores from the bodies of mutant beasts, but you are still so powerful. Can you tell me why?

The beautiful woman eagerly looked on from the side, clearly awaiting Lu Yins answer with great anticipation. Even Zhang Tong and his group of cultivators who were kneeling on the floor couldnt help but stare.

However, what they got in response was a mocking smile, Is that why you lured me here?

Liu Sheng smiled faintly and glanced at the beautiful woman, who took a few steps forward to arrive by Lu Yins side. She spoke in a husky voice, Mister Lu, wont you please tell us? Is there another method of cultivation? Telling us is like telling all of mankind; humanity will forever be grateful. Me, especially...

I told you, one more time and youre dead Lu Yin spun around as she leaned against him, his weapon flashing by her throat. The woman clutched her neck in shock as blood poured down her fingers, dying her clothes red as she crumpled to the ground. She had completely ignored the prior warning because she believed he wouldnt be so bold as to kill her in front of her brother. After all, Liu Sheng was a captain, a powerful figure in the Realm of Man! Even said brother was stunned into silence by this act, not having expected it at all.

Youre all so annoying, watching me ever since your group formed. It ends tonight, Lu Yin brandished his rod, heading straight towards Liu Sheng and swinging towards his skull.

Youre courting death! Liu Sheng shouted in a rage, drawing out an intimidating sword from his waist to block Lu Yins weapon. He expected to deflect the rod and even wound Lu Yin in one swipe, but reality betrayed those lofty ambitions. His sword was split in two from the impact, and the tip of the steel rod even left a deep wound in his right shoulder.

Liu Sheng could not believe what had just happened. He was a powerful figure in the Realm of Man, more than capable of fighting a number of ordinary cultivators at the same time. He had never expected to lose so handily in combat.

Lu Yin had chopped right into his target, but that wasnt enough to sate him. Liu Sheng barely dodged the next horizontal strike, slashing out with the broken sword, but the rod knocked the handle away with so much force that the impact created a small crack in the ground.