Chapter 11: Zombie Horde

Kang Dafeng chased zombies into that building? That couldnt be right. Lu Yins mind started racing; even without sentience, zombies still had the instinctive urge to avoid danger. The mutant spider was extremely dangerous, and they should never have gone anywhere near it. This was the first time in his six months dealing with them that he had ever seen them do such a thing; it was simply unthinkable for them to run from Kang Dafeng towards something far more terrifying.

Could it be a trap? He narrowed his eyes, hoping that he was overthinking things, but after the incident with Kang Dafeng, even he was on edge.

A day later, the troops stopped next to an abandoned toll station where their mission finally began. This was part of the route that had been destroyed and needed repairs, but before they could begin, a soldier ran up to Lu Yin to report, Captain, theres a battle going on five kilometers away. A small group of cultivators is being attacked by mutant beasts.

Lu Yin sent a few soldiers to go save the group, and thirty minutes later the troops returned with five tattered cultivators in tow. All of them seemed to be starving, but he didnt order for any food to be brought to them. Everyone had to be prepared for death when they went out to hunt mutant beasts; while his army had some food, it had taken great effort and many lives to obtain it. He wasnt a saint to give that food away; if these people were truly hungry, they could go look for some rats to eat.

Thus, the five strangers could only watch in envy as the soldiers devoured their food. After a while, one of them finally called out to Lu Yin who was keeping a lookout from atop the toll stations roof, Sir, could you please provide us some food? We can pay you with information.

What information? Lu Yin looked at the man.

Will you give us food once I tell you? came the hopeful reply.

Lu Yins voice went cold, Are you trying to negotiate with me?

No, Sir, I wouldnt dare! Actually We actually had plenty of food yesterday, but we were robbed by an expert in silver armor.

Lu Yins gaze flickered, Continue.

The cultivator swallowed to soothe his dry throat and continued, The only Realm of Sky expert in Nanjing is the Executioner, but the one who attacked us could also fly. Im thinking it must have been his armor. He was about to kill us after stealing our food, but then he started talking to himself like he was crazy and suddenly shot towards the east.

Lu Yin quickly realized that they had encountered Orton, but talking to himself? The more likely scenario was that he had contacted someone with his watch. Could he have called another student? That would be troublesome. Zhou Shan had already struggled to defeat one alien; if there were more, the result was up in the air.

He ordered that the group to be given some food before sitting down and staring at the sky. What was he concerned about? Nanjing? The refugees? He was an outsider like Vesta, but his time on Earth had given him a sense of attachment. In truth, his memories only dated back to about two and a half years ago; he remembered nothing of his life before that. Most of the time he did remember had been spent on Earth; to him, this planet was home.

Lu Yin sighed. It was a pity that he wasnt a powerhouse yet; while he could still try to save some people, he certainly couldnt save the entire planet. Still, he contacted Zhou Shan and informed the man about his guess.

Sigh, I understand, Zhou Shan answered, Finish the repairs as quickly as possible, Ill try to find out what the others are dealing with. These students are powerful.

Others? The other Sages? Lu Yin was left wondering to himself as the call ended. Eventually, he just muttered to himself, I hope Liu Shaoge isnt dead, or how will I get my revenge?