Chapter 4: Formcast Model

The door of the spacecraft opened with a dull thud, a hand stretching out from within before pausing. A short-haired young man eventually walked out, Oof, Im exhausted! I know this is supposed to be a trial, but why do they have to choose such a remote planet and make us fly out on our own?

The youth stepped out and stretched to get used to his white light armor and combat boots, grabbing a dagger from the spacecraft before putting on what looked like a wristwatch and tapping it once. His gaze quickly hardened as the device emitted a beep, and he turned towards Lu Yins hiding spot at once, Whos there?

Lu Yin immediately ran ten meters away from the factory, just in time to avoid an energy slash that split the entire building in two. The young man flew into the sky and stared down, Are you a native of this planet?

Realm of Sky? Lu Yin was surprised.

Im speaking to you, cant you hear me? the youth asked with annoyance, casually sweeping his dagger across the air once more. Lu Yin watched as the aftermath formed a deep crater in the ground, raising clouds of dust.

Youre an alien? he eventually asked.

The young man smirked and descended to the ground, glancing at his watch before turning back in shock, Only combat level 8? You shouldnt be able to dodge my attacks at that Wait, you specialize in body training?

Lu Yin was confused, You should be an alien.

The young man frowned, That is technically true, but wed prefer you natives call us masters.

Masters? Lu Yin frowned.

The young man looked down at him and said, The Great Yu Empire has been observing your planet for a long time. We have control of it, so were clearly your masters. Now, do you focus purely on body training? Did you become a Seeker yet, or maybe even a Sentinel?

I dont understand what youre saying.

Lu Yins answer prompted the youth to narrow his gaze. He pondered for a moment before realizing that the natives of the planet couldnt know the different realms of cultivation, his expression turning cold as he glared at Lu Yin, Attack me. I want to see what youre capable of.

Lu Yin clenched his fists, Are you sure?

The young man scoffed, Do you know who I am? Im Vesta, the likes of you cant possibly hurt me. Even if you could somehow hide your combat level and were a Sentinel, you still wouldnt be able to compete with me. You get to see just how wide the gap is between us.

Ill attack, then, Lu Yin pulled out his metal rod, rushing forward as Vesta arrogantly crooked a finger.

The youth dodged his swing with ease, even placing his hands in his pockets, A planets natural evolution really does produce a group of brutes. Your attack was swift and decisive and you went for the killing blow immediately. Well, this is fine too. It really is the only way we can make soldiers out of you people.

Lu Yin attacked constantly, his rod releasing thick energy blasts that cracked the ground apart, but Vesta continued to defend with ease. Hands still in his pockets, he even blocked hits with his feet alone as he commented, Actual combat level is 302, not bad. It isnt easy to become a Seeker in physical body alone, even some Sentinels in my academy struggle to get that far. Youre worthy of a chance to follow me. Become my slave, and Ill bring you away to a different sky.

A different sky? Lu Yin gasped, his rod still stuck against Vestas foot.

Of course. Im an elite student from the First Military School of the Great Yu Empire, qualified and brave enough to apply for trial by planetary evolution. Once I finish my mission, I will join a higher class. Following me will be the best thing to happen in your life. Of course, that depends on whether theres anyone more qualified than you on this planet; you better pray that isnt the case. Ha! the youth kicked the rod away.