Chapter 9: Farsight

Xu San nervously watched Lu Yin stand up, fully certain of the upcoming pain. Life had lost its value since the Apocalypse, and murder was quite common. With the confidence that he was about to be killed to soothe Lu Yins anger, he hurriedly shouted, Sir! I can help you with many things! Please, dont kill me!

Lu Yin simply ignored him and headed towards the exit, but as he passed by, the mans fear of death reached a new peak. Xu San had seen many instances of the strong killing the weak, so he braced himself and spoke up, Sir, I have a special ability that can help you.

This finally caught Lu Yins attention. He stopped immediately, turning around in astonishment, What did you say? A special ability?

White with fear, the man stuttered out, My eyes I can see very far, much farther than normal people. Thats how Im so successful with theft.

Surprised, Lu Yin squatted beside him and stared at his eyes, noticing the slight angle between his pupils. His excitement grew as he recognized the innate gift, something incredibly rare amongst the countless cultivators of the universe. He frowned, Farsight? Does anyone else know about this?

Xu San shook his head, I didnt want others to think I was a freak. Youre the first person to know.

Lu Yins mouth curved up in a smile, Your name?

Xu San.

Alright then, Xu San, follow me from today. Youre now a member of the Nanjing Camp.

A trembling Xu San nodded, Are you going to dissect me?

Lu Yin laughed, I wont, but others might want to. You must never reveal your special ability, do you understand?

This explanation confused Xu San a little, but he still nodded in the end. Cultivators who had not left their home planet could not understand the value of innate gifts. The Universe Youth Council allowed any cultivator with an innate gift to join them directly, an unreachable dream for countless others. To Lu Yin, Xu San was a priceless treasure that would be of immense use in the future. In fact, he could even be sold off for immense wealth.

Xu San turned out to be surprisingly well-connected in Nanjing. Lu Yin covered all of the district in only a few days time, including the destroyed weapons cache, but he couldnt find a single hint of what he was searching for. He eventually brought Xu San over to a mountain, which the thief promptly explained, Boss, this is Jinlins second-highest peak. Its only shorter than Zhongshan.

Lu Yin grunted, Ignore Zhongshan, look for other areas with a higher concentration of troops.

Xu San nodded and stared out. His eyes seemed to lose focus but brightened at the same time. A while later, he smiled bitterly, Boss, I can see a long way, but I cant clearly see all of Nanjing.

Keep practicing, youll get better.

Xu San remained silent and widened his eyes before suddenly shouting and pointing to the eastern sky, Boss, is that someone flying?

Lu Yin looked up with surprise, finding that someone was indeed heading toward the camp. It was also obvious from first glance that this wasnt someone from Earth, but instead someone from the stars like Vesta. He was soon hovering right over Nanjing, emitting a great roar of violent energy that engulfed it in a tempestuous storm. Alarms rang out immediately, and many who looked up at the sky froze up in fear of the powerful figure in the air.

Realm of Sky? Back in Zhongshan, Feng Hong and the other captains rushed out with deathly-pale faces. Many of them stared at the sky in bewilderment; flight was something only those in the Realm of Sky were capable of. When had another such expert appeared in China?