Chaptah Forti-tow

Sister~

Matapos naming mag-usap ni Samantha ay sabay na rin kaming lumabas ng kan'yang kuwarto upang hanapin si Lucas. Sabi niya, pinuntahan na daw siya nito kanina upang sabihin na mag-ayos na ng gamit pero umalis din daw kaagad dahil may kailangan pang kausapin.

We are now walking along the hallway, actually aiming for Lucas' room to check if he's there. But as we pass through the study, Samantha suddenly halted in front of its doors. Much to my curiosity, I also stopped with slightly knitted brows.

"What's the problem?" I asked, turning my gaze to her.

"He's here." she answered and I just remembered that she has enhanced hearing. Maybe she heard Lucas' voice from the inside. But my furrowed brows didn't change as I realized that my parents, Tito Cranstan, and Xavier was also in.

"Can you tell me what they're talking about?"

"I'll make you hear it."

Pinatanong niya ang kan'yang kaliwang kamay sa kanang balikat ko at maya-maya lang ay nagsimula na akong makarinig ng mga boses na animo'y may nag-uusap lang sa aking harapan. Eavesdropping would be so easy with her ability.

"Eros, can't you really contradict grandfather's words at least once?"

Si Lucas agad ang una kong narinig na nagsalita. Ang pagsasalita niya, tila may halong inis at halata namang si Xavier ang kan'yang kinakausap.

"I just realized that I actually can, Lucas." sagot naman nito na katulad ng normal niyang pagsasalita ay parang kalmado lang at malamig.

"Then why didn't you tell him to just let Sam be your wife? Why must it be Clardia? Clardia don't belong here and she should be back on Earth with her family. If you can contradict grandfather, then please tell him that you will just take Sam as your wife instead."

Napalingon ako sa aking katabi. Nakatulala lang siya at mukhang malalim ang iniisip. Nag-aalala ako sa nararamdaman niya ngayon.

"I can't do that because I am the one who pleased him to make Clardia my wife."

Saglit na katahimikan ang aking narinig matapos ang sinabi ni Xavier. Sa totoo lang, kinakabahan ako sa magiging takbo ng usapan nilang dalawa.

"What did you say? Are you an asshole?"

"Lucas please calm down," I heard Tito's voice getting it between the two.

"Tama naman ang pamangkin mo, Cranstan." then my Dad's voice emerged who's not helping to make the situation better.

"Radley, will you shut up?" and then my mom who's scolding Dad as usual.

I had a second of hesitation before I knocked on the door thrice. Samantha abruptly diverted her eyes on me with a questioning look.

"Why did you do that?" she whispered upon removing her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm only the one who can fix this." I said as I pushed the knob down and open the door.

The vision of each of them staring at me welcomed my sight. They are all sitting on the opposite couches, except for Lucas who's standing near Xavier. He was clenching his fist as I entered but now, he let go of it.