9

Lovely

12:03pm

"welcome to ihop how may i help you?"

"table for two. i said to the lady. she led us to a table and we sat down.

we told her what drinks we wanted and looked at the menu as she went to get them.

"tomorrow's your birthday. i said to her. how does it feel turning 15?

"feels. like jus another day. i gave her a side eye.

"why you say that?

"birthdays aren't the same anymore. once you get bigger. i nodded.

she's right. after a while it jus start to get borin. but i didn't expect this from her. she's always excited about everything.

the waitress came around and gave us our drinks noticed she was drawing on her glass out of boredom.

"what's wrong?

"are you n kd gonna break up? i laughed and looked down at the menu.

"no. why ask?

"i heard you guys arguing. then i went downstairs and saw him sleeping on the couch. kayla's dad used to sleep on the couch before momma broke up with him & i don't want you guys to break up."

i looked up at her and noticed she was serious. the most serious i've ever seen her.

"we're not breaking up. we just had a little disagreement. couples have stuff like that all the time. no big deal.

we got our food and finished eating before leaving the restaurant. i decided to stop by the mall to coop her some new shoes cuz if i'm fly she gon be fly too.

"these are so cute. she said as she got in the front seat.

"yea, i like that you got the black pair cuz black go wit everything. my phone began to ring and i picked it up.

"hello. shoota. slow down. huh? bro shut up we on our way right now." I hung up and pulled off.