Chapter 3: Newbies

It was about a week after Team Rocket attacked. The academy had been tidied up a bit. A bit of the left side of the academy was still being fixed, but that was where most of the unused classrooms were. That is how Ash found himself walking towards the academy on his first day back after the attack, along with pikachu and Mew, as the twins had decided to stay in the forest.

As he walked to the halls towards his first class, he noticed the gang staring at him strangely. Like, even stranger than usual. He brushed it off as just one of their weird things and headed for class. That was his first mistake.

~•°•~

The gang whispered to each other about what had happened the other day as they went to their first classes.

"I mean, it doesn't even make sense!" Dawn remarked. "I think we already got to that part." Bonnie said. "We need to find a way to ask him about it." Serena said. "We could just, you know, corner him or something." Max suggested. "That'll probably go just as well as it did the other times we tried something similar." Brock replied. The others nodded in agreement.

RING!!

"Oh no! That was the first bell! We'll be late!" May exclaimed. The gang rushed to their separate classes.

~•°•~

After school, Ash walked out of the building. As he walked towards the forest, the gang came towards him. "Hey!" Gary exclaimed. Ash turned to look towards them and rolled his eyes. "Now what do they want?" pikachu asked. "Beats me." Ash whispered as the gang walked up to him.

"We have something to ask you." Misty said. Ash stared. "Well, what?" he asked. "We want to know what that thing you did the other day was. The one where you saved that student and was glowing when the academy was attacked." Drew said. Ash froze on the spot. *Well, that makes 13 people who all found out in one day.* Mew said. *Wonderful.* pikachu deadpanned.

Ash shook his head and replied, "It's none of your business what happened that day, so I suggest you stop looking for answers you're never going to find." With that, he walked away from the gang, who were now more determined than ever to find an answer.

~•°•~

Ash was sitting outside watching his pokemon train and relax when he felt a buzzing in his pocket. Ash took out his phone and answered it.  "What now?" he asked. "I have assigned new agents to work on this case with you." Torin replied from the other end of the phone. "What?!" Ash practically jumped up, startling pikachu and Mew awake, who had been sleeping on his shoulder and head. "I can't work with anyone else!" Ash said. "They already go to the academy and they're in the Master Class. It'll be fine. You are to meet them at 14:00 sharp. I'll send the location to your nanodex." he replied. Ash sighed. "Just how many people  have you sent to work with me?" Ash asked. "I've sent 2 new people." "Two! Geez, a partner would've been bad but 2 people. And on top of it all they're newbies.." Ash sighed. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. I've briefed them on the mission, but you'll have to answer any questions they have. Call back when you have a report." Torin said, hanging up.

Ash sighed. "What is it now?" pikachu asked. "I have to work with 2 newbies on the mission." Ash informed. "Aww. I wonder who they are." Mew said. "Whoever they are, they'd better be strong." he replied.

~•°•~

Just as Ash arrived, the clock changed from 1:59 to 2:00. Ash waited as the minutes ticked by. "Geez, they must be really incompetent if they can't even arrive on time." pikachu commented. Just as Ash decided they should leave, they was a rustling in the bushes. "Sorry we're late, we-" A boy's voice cut off as Matthew and Carly were revealed. "What are you doing here?" Matt asked. "Nothing. What about you?" Ash said. "We're here to meet a super elite person so we-" "We just came here to meet someone." Carly cut in, before her brother could say anything else.

Ash's eyes widened as he put the pieces together. "Oh no. No no no. He did not. I will kill him!" Ash said. Then pikachu and Mew put together the dots and realized: Matt and Carly were their new partners.