chapter 23

How could this happen? My Edward... My home.

Louis' pov 

I look up at Harry who is crying as well as he hangs up the phone. "He has been shot in the chest 3 times... I uhm got the address of the hospital he is at right now we should probably go there?" Harry says slowly I nod slowly and get off the ground with shaky legs while tears still run down my face. 

Harry, Marcel and I sit in the car in silence. The closer I get to the hospital the more nervous I get, I have so many questions that I don't dare to say out loud. I'm just so scared, I need Edward it wouldn't be right without him. I don't even think that I could be happy without him here, he's part of my home and my happiness. 

"Lou please calm down we don't even know if anything is really wrong." Marcel says in a soft tone that just tells you that he's just saying it to make you feel better without actually meaning it. 

"He has been shot in the chest 3 bloody times! And you dare to make me think that he could be fine? Don't even fool yourself Marcel we all know what the news is going to be when we get there." Marcel and Harry don't say anything after my outburst because they probably agree with me. 

We walk into the hospital and Marcel tell the person behind the front desk that we are here to see Edward Styles and she gives us a sad smile while telling that a doctor will get us soon to talk to us. 

Non of us sit down we stay standing while anxiously staring at the door that the doctor should be walking through any moment. The longer I have the wait the more I'm starting to realize what I'm about to hear as I think about that same pain and sadness that I felt after losing my parents is what I feel again. I don't think that I can handle losing someone else, I don't think that I can do this without Edward, I would be lost and broken without him. 

The feeling of someone tapping my shoulder is what pulls me out of my thoughts, I look up to see that a doctor is standing in front of us with a sad smile filled with pity. "Please walk with me so we can talk in private." 

Harry is the first to follow the doctor while Marcel holds my hand and guides me along which I'm thankful for because my legs feel like jelly. 

We get to a small office with a desk and four chairs surrounding it "Take a seat" We do as the doctor says and look at her hoping that she will just tell us what's happening. 

"I know that this must be difficult for you so I'm just going to say exactly what's going on ok?" We nod at her question. "Mr. Styles has been as you are already aware been shot in the chest 3 times, his heart stopped beating in the ambulance on the way here" 

My whole body freezes as I hear the news I was so scared to actually hear, I feel both Harry and Marcel squeeze my hands that they are holding while they too have tears running down their cheeks. 

"We however were able to get it to beat again thankfully however he is not out safe yet, we just performed surgery to remove the bullets which was successful. One of the bullets almost pierced his heart but has left some damage." 

I'm glad that he's still alive but I just wish that this woman would speak faster so we knew what was actually going on with Edward right now. 

"Mr. Styles has gone into a coma and we are not sure if his body is strong enough to get out of it and we can't help him out of it. If he doesn't get out of it in two weeks we are going to have to end it because it could leave permanent damage if we leave him any longer." 

I nod still relieved that he's not dead but scared that it will still happen. 

"We can go to see him but I have some questions to ask... Do you know anyone by the name Jerry Meyer?" My while body once again freezes "I-I vaguely know him from a while ago..." I say softly making the doctor nod "Ok well he was also where Mr. Styles was found and he didn't make it, he was already gone when the ambulance arrived." 

Is it bad that my heart skipped a beat at that? I nod at her words and keep my best to keep my face from smiling. 

"Let's go see Mr. Styles now yes? I must warn you that he's hooked to many tubes and stuff which can be scary and shocking but it's what keeps him alive right now." 

We follow the doctor out of the office and into a long hallway and at the end of it she opens a door to reveal a pale Edward in a big white bed with all indeed a lot of tubes and wires on him. It breaks my heart to see him like this and I know that Harry and Marcel feel the same. 

"One of you can stay with him at night in that bed over there" She points to a bed in the corner of the room "And during the day all of you are welcome to stay at all times seeing that you are family and please talk to him because he's able to hear that and it might help him come back. I will leave you alone with him now, if something happens just press the red button that's next to the bed." 

With that the doctor leaves us alone, the three of us take a seat around the bed and look at Edward in silence all probably still trying to work through everything that has happened. 

"He looks like he's sleeping, he never actually looks this peaceful." Harry says softly as he grabs Edward's hand and hold it close to him. 

"He would hate this so much you know, all of us looking at him." Marcel chuckles out softly making me smile softly because I know that it's true. 

"He's going to make it right? He's strong he won't leave us." Harry says and his lips wobble before he bursts out in tears and clings to Edward's hand even more.

I don't dare to answer Harry's question all I can do is hope, hope that Edward is not going to leave us. I would really do anything for him to come back to me, Harry and Marcel. 

"Please don't leave us Edward." I whisper out.

:))))) He's not dead!!!!! yet!

~~~Renée