Chapter 33

Jennie POV - 10 weeks later

I'm currently compiling all the other documents and evidences needed for the trials of the VNtech company when someone slid the glass door open and walked beside me.

"Jen," Lisa said as she tries to get my attention from the files I'm holding.

"Why?"

"Lex is outside."

"Huh? Why?" I confusedly asked. "Does he needs the documents or something?"

"I don't know," Lisa looks completely clueless too. "He just said that he wants to talk."

I sighed.

"If this is going to be about pulling out the case, that's completely impossible even if... e-even if..."

I took a deep breath.

"Even if she's here, the case is strong against them. I mean his dad or whatever."

"Well, I don't know but I think he's smart to know that already," Lisa said as she leans against the wall.

A moment of silence fell between us. I don't even know what to say or to expect what would be his business here with me.

I am actually nervous.

Honestly, I don't want to see him because he just reminds me of her. The few similarities plus the fact that she's her brother. I'm afraid that seeing him would make it more impossible for me to move on even if I really don't want to or that I know it would take years.

I'm terrified about the thought of moving on because every moments with her will just become a distant memory. Even the love we shared would just turn into a memory that I am actually willing to hold onto but it really pains me to realize that she will no longer be with me if I make a new one.

"So..." Lisa clears her throat. "Am I going to let him in?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Okay."

"But please tell him not to smile in front of me."

"Huh?" Lisa was taken aback and chuckled slightly afterwards, probably knowing what I meant. "Oh yeah... sure."

I would be damned if I see again the smile that I have been missing for months. And her brother has the same smile with her.