Chapter 11

Roseanne POV

"Hey Lisa," Jennie called after checking the new information we got and watched some footages. "Are you okay? You seem bothered."

"I-I was just thinking something," Lisa dismissed Jennie's question and just sat.

Mostly, files and storage chips were the things we've gotten from this first side mission which just contain another supporting evidences against those affiliated companies.

Videos of people wearing white long sleeves partnered with pants of the same color that are loose. Barcodes can be seen printed on the upper left of the sleeves. They are being experimented on for the production of medicines.

Basically, this pharmaceutical company had partnered with V Ntech because of nano technology. They have combined the conventional mechanism of action of drugs with the power of nanobots.

But, these medicines are mostly designed for diseases that currently have cures. It's like they have just been improving its effectiveness.

On the other hand, there are also some files that contain the log records of people being experimented for diseases that still has no cure.

And based on one footage, it looks like they've been doing it as an extensive experiment. Like they are rushing it.

There's an old man, probably in his 60s, wearing the same white clothing but it looks like a more comfortable one. The fabric looks expensive and thicker yet softer than those of white clothing that other people wear.

"Okay," Jisoo said as she removes the files Lisa and I have gotten and leaned herself towards our meeting table. "So where are the things you've been saying earlier?"

Lisa and I both proceeded to go towards our own black backpacks and brought it on the table.

"Here," I pulled out a not-so-ordinary weapon that looks like a compact or handy rifle from sci-fi dystopian movies. "It has a V Ntech logo on it."

"Oh?" Lisa pointed at the weapon on the table. "Same here."

She placed a handgun with the same V Ntech logo.

A very dim light travels along the side of the barrel while the logo is placed on the side of the grip.

"What?" Jennie asked as she stands from her seat. "They even do weapons? For what?"

"We don't know yet," I replied as I trace every detail of the weapon. "As far as I remember, we don't have any information about these from the 10-year worth of files that we have."

"And probably it's on our next mission?" I added.

"Maybe," Jisoo tapped her fingers on the table. "Teddy always only reveals the next when the preceding mission is accomplished."

"So we have an added thing to investigate on other than collecting information for those experimentation shits?" Lisa said as she holds the handgun.

"Yeah, for sure," Jennie replied and sat again. "By the way, are we going to report that to Teddy? Even if we don't know what's the next mission yet?"

"Yes," Jisoo replied.

"And!" Lisa slightly raised her hand and looked at me for a second and turned towards to Jennie and Jisoo. "We also saw the black car again while we were getting back to the van."

"Should we report it too?" Lisa asked.

"And we suspect it's Lex," I added.

"How did you know?" Jennie furrowed her eyebrows. "I told you Rosie. I'm right. He's really suspicious."

"I get to look inside for a second because we were just chatting and passing by until we realized that it's the car," I explained to them. "And the guy inside has similar features to Lex and even if the window is tinted, I can assume that his hair is blonde."

"Wait who is that?" Jisoo asked curiously while Jennie just nodded at what I have said, probably both thinking and worrying at the same time.

"I don't know actually," I sighed.

"Yeah, he just introduced himself to Rosie on the day of assembly," Jennie added.

"So should we report him too?" Lisa asked as she turned her attention back to the guns.

"The weapon may be reported back to Teddy but for that guy," Jisoo sighed as she gets one of the weapon and examines it. "Maybe not."

"Same," Jennie looked at us. "There's a probability that Teddy would also be behind Lex stalking us. First, Lex has access to the car, meaning the agency authorized its use. Second, if that's true, we don't know what his intentions are."

"Lastly, in case Teddy really commanded Lex to follow us, he'll probably make Lex to stop when we report it and we won't know what they have been planning. And we cannot find out if he's really involved or not," Jisoo added.

"Okay," I nodded at them and turned to Lisa who's looking at the weapons. "Hey, should we try them?"

"Yeah I wanna see how it works too," Lisa grinned. "And wanna know how badass these are."

"Hey hey," Jisoo scolded and pointed at the weapons. "Don't do it here. We'll try it on our base once we get back to Seoul. We don't know if those only shoot bullets or lasers or cause explosions."

"Right," Lisa nodded excitedly. "Let's now go back then."

"Idiot," Jisoo chuckled. "Let's rest first and pack tomorrow then go back."