twenty-one | something new

warning: detailed smut ahead, read on with precaution. do not read if you're not comfortable with such content. or a minor(you shouldn't be reading this book at all if you are). however, if you do read it, i hope the writing was fine. i never really write smut at all because i'm just not good at it. but i've decided to give it another go. i'm still not very happy with how it turned out, but i just wanted to write one anyway.

the alvarez's have moved out from schneider's building. luckily for them, it didn't take too long to find a suitable place. about less than an hour away from their old apartment, they'd found one they adored. it was in panorama city- the rent was a tad higher than their previous abode's. but also, they had more space. so it seemed fair, anyway. the rent was still considered affordable with penelope's current salary. the only downside, really, is the fact that she had to travel a little bit further to get to work.

the apartment needed to be decorated, and they loved that. this move was a fresh start for all of them, of course.

"okay, you good?" penelope asks.

"mhm. everything's unpacked, but still need to be straightened up." carlotta nodded.

"we'll work on the decor later." elena walks out next, "or tomorrow."

"we're going out for dinner tonight." penelope decided, "because, we have practically nothing in the fridge or pantry at the moment."

"we could've just went out to buy some groceries, but- okay, lupe." lydia responded.

"okay, mami." penelope shot her a look for that comical tone.

"papito, what do you want for dinner?" lydia was quick to ask him.

"hey! why do you only ask alex?" elena gasped, feigning being offended.

"i'm sorry, pero, we've had chinese food for the past 2 nights and that's my limit, niña." lydia snickers.

penelope couldn't help but laugh at the situation unfolding.

"i think thai food sounds good." alex grinned.

"okaaaay. thai food it is." lydia agreed.

of course, the rest of them didn't have much of a choice, knowing just how lydia was. food was food anyway. and they loved food, no matter what cuisine it was.

"how's college so far, mamita?" carlotta asks.

"oh, so far it's been pretty good- still manageable." elena replies as she ate a mouthful of the rice, "god, i missed you so much." lydia jokingly cleared her throat in an exaggerated manner, making elena snap out of that little moment with carly. "sorry." her lips puffed out in a pout, "i missed you all too, you know that. it's just..."

"mija, she's kidding." penelope jumped in, "after dinner, i'll go grocery shopping with alex and your abuelita so the apartment's all yours for a couple hours."

"mami!" alex gasps, "i'm right here- and i don't need to know what they'll be doing."

"what are you talk- oh." lydia was a bit late to catch on, "okay, you two haven't had some fun in awhile."

elena was petrified, carly on the other hand was just embarrassed, wanting to just dig a hole in the ground and hide in it. "okaaaay, mami. let's just wrap up this talk."

— * —

"you two want a ride home?" penelope asked.