Chapter 32 From Friends, To Family, To Forever

Start from the beginning

"If you want to walk away and move back to Arizona, or if you want to stay here in Midnight Creek and be friends and break up," or I could see the tears starting to gather in the corners of Xavier's eyes. "Or if you want to ignore me and go on and date someone else and marry them and have a family and kids then I'll understand, Addison. I'll understand and I'll support you and I'll look after your kids so you can go on date nights."

My mom and Ivy and Audrey all said that I would know. That I would just know. And now I know. Having everyone tell me that Xavier would do anything was nothing compared to hearing him say it himself. To actually hear that he would sit back and let me be happy even if it wasn't with him. I knew that in that rambled-on apology that I loved him. I was in love with Xavier Black.

Without a second thought, I launched myself into his chest. I wrapped my arms as tight as I could around his waist and hurried my face right above his heart.

Xavier didn't wait either and wrapped his arms around me too. His face was pressed tightly into the crook of my neck and he picked me off the ground slightly.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too, Addison," Xavier mumbled back. "And I always have from the second I saw you sitting there in the cafeteria and I always will until the end of forever."

If it was even possible, Xavier held me even tighter and closer. I could feel the smile growing on his face as he spins me around the room. My hair whipping a prune behind us.

"Ok, ok," I laughed starting to get dizzy. "Now please put me down before I pass out."

"Sorry," Xavier said quickly sorting me down right away.

"So we're ok?"

"We're golden, princess," Xavier mumbled pressing a few kisses against my forehead.

"There's still something I want to talk about," I said. "Andrew. And I know that last time I brought the subject of him up to you it kind of caused all of this." I could feel my cheeks start to glow red.

"I should have listened to you," Xavier said leading the both of us to the love seat in the living room. "And I'm sorry that I didn't. I was just so scared that I almost you and I couldn't stand to think that he may have hurt you or brainwashed you."

"I'm not mad," I told him honestly. "Anymore. But, I understand, Xavier. I really do."

"He's ok," he said so softly that I wasn't sure I heard him at first.

"What?"

"Andrew, he's ok. After my sister threatened to drown me out in the creek I took a step back and actually sent Grayson to talk to him."

"Grayson?" I questioned. "Why him?"

"Because even though I didn't want Cecelia to kill me, I still wasn't ready to talk to the guy face to face," he told me. I could see the slight pink tint on his ears as he spoke, he obviously didn't really want to tell me that he sent Grayson instead of himself, but I was so beyond grateful nonetheless.

"Thank you," I pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. "For listening to me."

          "I'll always listen to you, Addie."