The Night Stroll

As I lied on my bed looking up at the ceiling there was a slight knock on the door.

"Come in." I muttered
The door slowly creaked, I didn't bother to see who it was. "

Hey Ponyboy." It wasn't Soda nor Darry. It was a girls voice. Cherry.

I sat up looking at her with surprise "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry...What I did was, stupid and I just wanted to know if I can...get another chance, this time not caring what socs or greasers think. This time just, being together without a care in the world."

I stood silent for a moment.

I grabbed her arm, dragging her out of the house onto the cold atmosphere, the sun was starting to set.

"I don't know." I sighed

"What? Ponyboy, please I know I screwed up bu-"

"Cherry, I've been through alot...I-I don't think I can handle anything else anymore, I can't. The moment you broke up with me...I-I lost it, lost hope. What's the point on being together when we're gonna be putting ourselves in danger. Cherry, what's the point on you coming all the way here just to say you did the wrong thing." I said blankly.

I sighed.
"Look, we can be friends but,that's it...I'm sorry... I'm jus-" Tears were forming "I just can't let go...Johnny, Dally. It's just so hard. Everything. Everyday I walk into the living room thinking I'll see the both of them sitting in the couch waiting for me to get ready for school or go hang. But, they're not there. At night, Johnny's quite voice whispers. Well I think it does and sometimes I think I smell Dallys cancer sticks from him taking drags."

Tears were streaming.

"I know it's been months but, I just can't let go...I can't! I lost my parents, now them...Why does the world hate us!" I sobbed

Cherry hugged me tightly.

"It's not a bad thing to miss them, It happens." She stood silent "Let's visit them."

"I don't want to." I quivered

"C'mon, it's like, something to Move On." She grabbed my hand, dragging me to the cemetery.

There they were. The Four tombstones.

Mom, Dad, Dally and Johnny.

A clear view of the sun was setting right behind.

Memories of all of the flew around.

I crumpled down to my knees sobbing.

I miss them, I miss them so much. Why? Why did they have to go so early? So young? It wasn't their time, it wasn't.

Cherry hugged me tightly

"Can you leave me alone for a moment?" I asked

She nodded walking away.

"I miss you guys... I know its been months but, I do. So much has happened, I don't think I'll be able t-"

A sudden gust of wind blew, a peice of paper flew to my feet, curious. I picked it up.

It was a ripped part of a newspaper it read Move On

I looked to the tombstones. Taking It as a sign.

"I guess it's time...Time for me to Move On."

I wiped my tears away, standing up, looking out to the sunset, I placed my hand on Johnny's Tombstone.

"Stay Gold..."
I whispered

"Stay Gold"