Letters of Tears

Sodapops Pov:
It's been a week since I've sent that letter to Sandy, I made sure No one would get to the mail first,I didn't want Darry or Ponyboy to worry about me.
They have their own things to worry about.
I walked to the mailbox to see if there was any mail. There were some bills and a the letter I gave to Sandy, it was unopened followed by another letter with her handwriting.
I went to my room and locked the door, I quickly opened the envelope and read the letter.

Sodapop,

I know you care for me and your a really nice guy. But, the feelings I had for you have disappeared. I've moved on.
With the actual father of this child.
I'm sorry Sodapop, But I'll never go back to Tusla again.
I'm staying in Florida for good.
I'll send you back some of the things you lended me in our past relationship.

  -Sandy

My heart Shattered, Tears were slowly streaming down my cheek.
I gave a quivering sigh.
Why did this have to happen.
I loved her, didn't she understand that?
She didn't even take the time to read the letter I wrote to her.
Frustration filled me, I ripped the letter she wrote.
I uncontrollably sobbed.
"Why!" I cried out.
"Soda?" I heard Steve's voice from the other end of the door, he lightly knocked on it.
"Open the door."
"No, Just leave me alone!" I sobbed
I heard Steve walk away for a moment and come back walking to the door. He picked the door and opened it.
He looked at me concerned.
"Leave." I gave a quivering sigh
"How can I leave when your like this? What happened?"
"Nothing."
"Then why are you crying?"
"I can't tell you okay!"
"Soda...Please." Steve said softly.
"You know how Sandy, left to Florida...And how I sent her a letter and she sent it back unopened?"
"Yeah..."
"Well, I sent her another one and she sent me a letter this time."
"What did it say?"
"She- She said she...Moved on! She doesn't Love me no more Steve!" I started to bawl like a baby.
"Oh Soda.." Steve hugged me tightly
"I'm a fool! What's the point of anything." I cried out.
"Soda don't say that. Sandy wasn't good for you anyway. You were to perfect for her."
I tried calming down.
"Steve...Please don't tell my brother's. I don't want them to worry." I begged
"I won't, I promise. But you gotta promise me you wont send her letters anymore."
"Promise."
"Alright, C'mon let's go do something that'll help you forget about her."
We both got up and left the house to get my head off of my troubles.