Confrontation

You spent a fantastic day with Thor. After sneaking out of your room, you had snuck around the outside of the entire compound, certain that no one had seen you (or at least no one paid attention to you). You'd caught his eye through the window after you found him in the gym talking to Natasha, and he ran out to you, enveloping you in a giant bear hug that you could only tolerate because of the fact it was him doing it. Thor flew you both out the compound, and you spent the afternoon hopping between building roofs and catching up on the last few months.

Your phone started blowing up two hours after you'd escaped, but you took the battery out, knowing it was only Tony. He was smart enough to know where you'd gone, and while he'd be mad, he deserved the punishment after outright denying you your freedom. He might confine you back to your room for a few months, but by then, Thor would be gone so it wouldn't matter anyway. You would have no reason to leave anyway.

After a little show of the lightning powers, you and Thor headed back to the compound, dropping onto the roof so that you could sneak through the compound instead of up the side of the building to your bedroom window like you usually did. You were a bit emotional saying goodbye to him, but he assured you he would be back as soon as possible. You watched him, for lack of a better term, get beamed up to the sky, back to Asgard, and sighed, knowing what you had waiting for you downstairs.

You managed to get down the roof access stairs with no problem. You got through the top two levels of the compound with ease. You expertly crossed the training rooms without a problem.

The issue was when you checked behind you as you hurried past the common area.

And you slammed straight into someone.

You stumbled back, instantly whipping your head round in a panic to see who you'd bumped into.

Your panic quickly dissolved into apathy.

"Bucky." You spat before looking around him, and pushing past him once you saw that no one else was there. You heard his footsteps behind you. "You need to stop following me, or people might think you're in love with me."

"Doesn't matter, they don't know you exist."

"So you are in love with me? I'm touched. Now fuck off." You said as you continued to storm down the hall, checking each door you passed with paranoia that someone would join your little walking party.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

"Why in the flying fuck would I tell you?"

"You know doll, that language is worse than a sailor."

You groaned in embarrassment.

"Please, please keep your 40s idioms out of this century. Also - stop stalking me." You turned a sharp corner, hoping it would dissuade him, but apparently he was rather nimble on his feet, because he managed to keep up.

"Did you go see Thor? He visited today didn't he?" Bucky continued, clearly unphased but your protests to his presence. You decided to keep quiet. "Stark won't like that, he said you couldn't go. I was there."

You whirled round to face him.

"You sound like a child. Gonna snitch on me?" You accused. He had a blank expression, almost like a poker face. Then he shook his head.

"Just wondering. Stark must have a reason for not wanting you out of the lab."

"That reason is none of your business, you robot puppet." You scoffed before starting to walk again. You heard Bucky laugh from behind you as he followed.

"Do you ever get tired of being so angry at me?"

"Do you ever get tired of annoying me all the time?"