15 • Our Song (3) •

Eliora Denver

I hate waking up early in the morning. But I somehow got myself up and went down to the recording studio for our interview. Walking in, I was pulled in all directions for make up, hair and wardrobe. I'd gotten myself a coffee or two while during the duration of this period.

Once we were done, the two of us were told to wait behind until we were called.

"I fucking hate interviews," I sighed.

"Aww hun," Niall frowned. "How about we go on a long drive after this? Take your mind off this?"

"No, it's fine. I don't wanna bother you," I shook my head.

"Shush, you and me on a drive once this is over okay? It's not a request," he said authoritatively.

"Yes sir," I saluted as a joke.

"I- Uh. Right they're calling us," he pointed to the stage.

The two of us walked out on stage, smiling brightly and waving to all the enthusiastic fans in the audience.

"Ah hello, welcome!" The host, a lovely young woman, Lacey, said. "It's our pleasure to have you here."

"Likewise," I answered politely. We'd all sat down and she picked up her cards.

"So you both have a song together, our song? How did it come about?" She asked.

"He asked me and me being the benevolent queen I am, agreed," I joked.

"Okay let's not over dramatise it, Eliora, thank you very much," he rolled his eyes playfully. "I did approach her so that's true. I really liked her songs and I thought it would be good for us to collaborate considering lyrically and musically, we tend to have similar tastes."

"So how long did it take you guys?"

"Like two days. And no I'm absolutely not over exaggerating. We were just talking and idea struck us like a lightning. Once we started writing, words just flowed," I nodded.

"Wow two days! Impressive. For a song you guys wrote in two days, it's so beautifully written! I absolutely love the song," she said. "Was it written from personal experiences?"

"Mmm yeah. Some of her experiences and some of mine. Now it up to you to figure out who's part is who's," Niall laughed.

"Ah mystery," she smiled and we nodded. "How was the whole experience? Writing the song? Producing? Filming the video?"

"It was a whole ride. I mean I rarely ever collaborate with people because I always feel like my style of music doesn't match a lot of artists. But when I first heard Eliora's songs on the radio, I just knew it had to be done? Her songwriting is captivating and I was intrigued how it'd be like to work with her," Niall said.

"Umm same goes for me. I'm just too awkward around new people and y'know you have to make friends first to write songs together. But writing with Niall felt so natural. It felt like we just knew what we were gonna write, y'know? I didn't feel that tension I'd feel with someone in his level of fame," I pitched in.

"Producing took some time but Eliora's producer, Ronnie works absolute magic. The song wouldn't be what it is without his help. And filming the video was so fun," he chuckled.

"Oh my god, yes! I loved the driving. And the fake driving. Also screaming our song lyrics and getting arrested. What a fun experience," I laughed.

"Seems like you two had a blast the past few months," Lacey chuckled.

"Of course! One of the best experiences I've had," I smiled.

"Awww," Niall held a hand over his heart.