11 • Widower (1) •

What do you call a magic dog?

I changed my profile picture because Niall looks adorable in this one.

Claire Monte

"Hey monkey," I picked the little girl up as I entered their house.

"Mornin auntie Cee," Julianna curled close to me.

"How are ya?" I asked.

"Mummy's still not home," she said with a sad frown. I let out a shaky breath as memories of Kayla's weak body in the hospital bed came up.

"Soon Hmm?" I smiled weakly as I lied to the three year old. I couldn't bear to break her heart.

"Lars," Niall peeked out from the nursery.

"Hey Ni. How's the little one?" I asked and he smiled tiredly.

"Not letting me sleep?" He chuckled.

"You go sleep. I'll take care of these two for sometime," I pat his back.

"Claire you're doing so much as it is. Please, I don't want to overwork you," he frowned.

"Please, I want to do this for you. For Julianna and Michael," I said and he sighed.

"Fine but wake me up if you need me," he said.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Go sleep. Shoo," I shoved him. He smiled gratefully before going to his room. I entered the nursery and set Julianna down. She immediately went to her toys and started playing with them like an obedient little girl. I picked the three month old up and held his head properly.

"Hiii baby. Hello," I rocked him. He giggled adorably and bit on his thumb. "No sucking fingers baby. Lemme get you some milk, Hmm?"

While Julianna played with her toys, I went to the kitchen with Michael in my arms. Warming up some milk, I fed it to the boy. He sucked on it, eagerly, finishing it quickly.

"We got a hungry little fella huh?" I chuckled as I set the bottle aside. I threw a burp cloth over my shoulder and burped him. Once back in the nursery, I sat down on the rocking chair and rocked it back and forth as I sang softly.

Michael was completely knocked out in fifteen minutes. I let him sleep while I took Julianna out to the living room. I sat down with her and played with her.

Some time passed and Niall walked into the living room. Julianna had tired herself out playing and she was asleep on my chest while I watched some mind numbing show.

"Lars it's 9 in the night," he informed me.

"Oh? Oh wow. I've been here for quite a while," I said and he nodded.

"You seem pretty tired," he noted.

"Mmm Julie definitely knows how to drain her aunt of energy, I'll give you that," I chuckled. Niall walked over to me and tried to pick the girl up but she wouldn't let go.

"It's alright. I'll tuck her in," I said, getting off the couch. Julianna wrapped her legs around me and cuddled closer. I held her tightly as I took her up to her room. I put her down but she wasn't letting go of me.

"Julie. Jules. Monkey, auntie Cee's gotta leave," I whispered. She whined and whimpered, shaking her head.

"No. Stay. Stay," She sniffled.

"Okay okay. I'll stay. Auntie will stay. Now go to sleep, okay, bub? Auntie's right here," I said, kneeling beside her bed. She slowly let go of her hold on me. I pulled her blanket up and made sure she wouldn't fall off her bed before turning the nightlight on. I left her room, making sure she was completely asleep.