{welcome to fontaine}

⎯⎯⎯⎯quick A/n: i might be editing chapters to make it look more organized since the writing style has been edited a bit :D (also tysm for the support, almost 7k reads it means a lot) oh and im gonna edit all the parts where it says "Lady Y/n" because i think a gender neutral reader would be better, even if its canon that the hydro archons a female. and pls inform me if there r any feminine or masculine terms!!

Welcome to Fontaine

It was a quiet day in Fontaine, the weather had been getting worse and worse as the Hydro Archon couldn't control their feelings.
Her people were slowly drifting away to evacuate the rainstorms that happen everyday, however today was a special day. Every year in Fontaine, there would be a special event which was planned by Fontaine's knights and Y/n.
Many travellers from distant lands, merchants and many others would visit the land of hydro on to see the ruler of the land give a speech of utmost sincerity and give blessings to her people. It was a tradition which had went on for years.
Though Fontaine Central didn't offer special wine from Dawn Winery or Fire-Water from Snezhnaya, many enjoy the traditional foods (which were quite expensive) that Fontaine's citizens had to offer.

"Your majesty, am I allowed to come in?" A maid knocked on the door waiting for Y/n's response.
"Yes?" Y/n responded, as they stretched their arms and yawned.
They looked at the clock and saw that it was 7am. 
"This will be your meal for the morning, and please call my name if you need anything.
Today will be a busy day, and I will tell you your schedule after you've ate your meal and dressed up."
Y/n nodded, and after meal time they called the maid's name out.
"There will be knights to escort you to Fontaine Hall to make sure everything is set up,
and you will have a meeting right before the event starts as two Fatui Harbingers request to see you for a business proposal." the maid said.
"I understand, when will I be going to the hall?" Y/n asked. 
"In 30 minutes, I will be taking my leave now,." the maid said, gently closing the door behind her.

Y/n opened a drawer and found a letter that looked brand new.

⚘⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯opening letter⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Dear Y/n,

How have you been? I've missed you. It's been years since we've last talked, not a single letter, face to face or anything. How is Fontaine? From one of my devoted followers said, Fontaine has been having weather issues. Is everything alright? I hope you've been fine without me.

I've heard that there was a rainstorm and you were trying to get rid of it but you passed out, and a traveller had saved Fontaine which is the same one who saved Liyue from Osial, fought Storm Terror, took part in saving Inazuma with Yae Miko and ton of more impressive feats. I would kindly ask you to get information on that traveller. They are definitely amazing, but I think there's something wrong with them, no? 

Additionally, I'm collecting power from each of the gods to fight the Abyss Monsters and hopefully destroy the Spiral Abyss - a world where you continuously fight the abyss monsters nonstop. If it's alright with you, may I take your gnosis? I promise you that it will be in good use. You make a pinky promise, you keep it all your life, you break a pinky promise, I'll throw you on the ice. Haha I've heard all the Snezhnayan children sing this poem. Anyways, I have to go now. Please respond back.

From
Tsaritsa

⚘⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯closing letter⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Your highness, are you prepared to leave?" a knight knocked on the door.
Y/n quickly put the letter in perfect shape on the drawer.
"Yes." Y/n nodded, the knight escorting them to the giant gate. 
"Please remember to be formal with anyone you speak to." the knight said.
"Of course." Y/n said, and they left the palace.

   ⚘⎯ presenting you a timeskip to fontaine central (20m before the event starts)

A guard was showing Y/n around the setup of the hall.
"Is this to your standards, your majesty?" 
"It is, thank you for your assistance. Now, please escort me back to the palace as I wish to have some alone time."
"Alright." the guard nodded as they escorted Y/N back to the palace."                                                 "Your majesty, the party is going to commence and we need you to unlock the gate." a guard said.
Y/N sighed and decided to leave for the party.

To their suprise, there was a large crowd waiting for the party to start.
There were travellers from distant lands, and many citizens of their own.
"May the party commence!" Y/n smiled while opening the gate as tons of people had started coming in.